Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about latecomers into the house?
03-08-2005, 05:51 PM

I've often wondered quite what the problem is with latecomers coming into the house and the present housemates getting all up in arms saying "they havne't been here since the beginning, they don't deserve to win" etc etc. i've always felt that anyone who goes into that house at any stage has the right to win and longevity doesn't equal more deserving.

I've been so annoyed at Makosi throwing it back in Orlaith's face every five minutes that she's only been there since week five and so she can't know what bonds etc developed.

I just find it annoying!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
I so know where you are coming from Dol :thumbsup: although I dont think any of them deserve £100k......for the 1st time ever I dont have a favourite to win, unless you count Kinga, and thats only out of BADNESS towards the others :devil:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Dolores Wrote:I've often wondered quite what the problem is with latecomers coming into the house and the present housemates getting all up in arms saying "they havne't been here since the beginning, they don't deserve to win" etc etc. i've always felt that anyone who goes into that house at any stage has the right to win and longevity doesn't equal more deserving.

I've been so annoyed at Makosi throwing it back in Orlaith's face every five minutes that she's only been there since week five and so she can't know what bonds etc developed.

I just find it annoying!
Makosi and Craig seem to be the only ones who do this. Nontheless, its damned annoying. Makosi has started on Kinga now, "You haff nottttttt beeeeeen in thisssss housssssse asssss lonnnng assss meeeeeee"

I wish she would give it a bloody rest.

I dont care if theyve been in the house, five weeks, fifty or one week to be honest.

The only people who seem to think longevity is deserving are the two most desperate to win and who seek the attention (despite saying they dont want to) - Makosi and Craig.
03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Never thought I would say this........bring back Jason and Slick Vic :w00t:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Kinga offers a "veto" of all the existing housemates. Although she's attracting enough hate mail in just a couple of days that she's going to be up there in the leading pack in no time.

A good late choice for a veto would have been a Eugene - someone we are guaranteed not to notice for two weeks, who becomes a "anyone but one of the HMs" vote".

I can't see Kinga getting too many votes to be honest, hardly a stirring role model of an individual, and very few redeaming features except maybe to the ASBO and Arsenal supporter types (thats a dig at Maxwell, not Arsenal, apologies to all other Arsenal supporters who do not think of Maxwell and "top bloke" in the same sentence)
03-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Isis Wrote:Never thought I would say this........bring back Jason and Slick Vic :w00t:

the dream team! (I mean it! I loved 'em both!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
03-08-2005, 08:18 PM
There will always be problem with late arrivals, no matter how many times Endermol insist on sending them in...the reason being it is unfair to the rest.

If I was running a 10k race I would be a bit ****ed off by someone being allowed to join at 8k and still having the same medal at end if they won.

They have done the time they shoudl get the gain. Only this year it really does seem to be going a bit hay wire...if a woman is allowed to masterbate with an empty (thank god) wine bottle in the garden and Endermol see fit to not stop her and broadcast it....then what next. The rules seem to have gone out of the window.
03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Quote:There will always be problem with late arrivals, no matter how many times Endermol insist on sending them in...the reason being it is unfair to the rest.

Why is it unfair? That's the bit I don't really get. BB says it can change the rules at anytime ... or some other similar disclaimer ... and surely by now it is old hat to bring in new people, I would now be surprised if they DIDN'T! The contestestants who bleat on about "you've not been in here as long as us, you haven't bonded" can't also say "it's not fair for them to come in halfway through" ... surely one cancels out the other? You can't have all things all ways!

Quote:
If I was running a 10k race I would be a bit ****ed off by someone being allowed to join at 8k and still having the same medal at end if they won.

Put this way I can totally see what you are saying, Cat. But BB is hardly a sportsman like race is it!

03-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Alright then Miss Exotic....a very long drawn out quizz...you have travelled to venue after venue for 10 weeks winning each elimination ...tired and weary, only to find at the final you against some one fresh and new who has had nothing to do with the past 10 weeks.

There that better?
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Cat Wrote:Alright then Miss Exotic....a very long drawn out quizz...you have travelled to venue after venue for 10 weeks winning each elimination ...tired and weary, only to find at the final you against some one fresh and new who has had nothing to do with the past 10 weeks.

There that better?

No! actually! We all know BB is for OUR entertainment and NOT to be fair to the contestants.

...and if you insist on upsetting me i shall be forced to push my hand up to my forehead, extend my forefinger across my forehead and press my thumb into my cheek bone and cry ... is that what you want?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What have you achieved since leaving the house? Dolores 9 1,079 16-08-2005 06:47 PM
Last Post: Isis
  If a Housemate were to be voted back into the House - who would you want it to be? Pandora 12 1,587 28-07-2005 01:36 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Shoe wearing in the house.... Dolores 7 889 16-07-2005 05:10 PM
Last Post: Bob
  The Two People the House Must Decide on sayangmouse 30 2,140 15-07-2005 02:03 PM
Last Post: bridge
  New house pictures. secrets 12 1,599 25-05-2005 07:00 PM
Last Post: Gelastic