Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you navigate your way round the board?
07-08-2005, 10:24 AM

As I'm sat here with Maxine going through the board together (yes we are that sad!) I notice we have vastly different ways of navigating round the board, My way of course is the best , the fastest and easiest, hers is complicated, labourious and slow!

So how do you navigate round the board?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I usually use New Posts.

Or if I'm bored, I like reading what all the Guests are reading about.

Is that what you meant? :unsure:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I duno really. I guess I just go to Coffee Lounge, see what threads have been replied to and go into them. There are often lots of threads I ignore though unless I'm really bored (e.g. Whats for dinner / say goodnight/morning etc.). Sometimes I post a reply, sometimes I dont.

Then I go to the Soapbox and check that out. If there is an interesting thread I read it, but again there are threads in Soapbox whic I also tend to ignore. Religious discussion and Philosophical threads (e.g. What is the meaning of existance etc.....), bore me a bit. They are often too lateral for me a whoosh over my head.

Then, if I have time, I might go into the TV or Big Brother section. I never, ever go into the Sport or jokes Section, and rarely venture into the games section.

This is the way I have always done it and I know it is not the quickest way. One thing I never do is search for New posts. Dunno why.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
07-08-2005, 11:27 AM
i never used to use 'New Posts' either karen, until Maxine introduced me to it ... so she does do some good stuff I suppose!

Now I always go to new posts when I first come on line.

When I'm viewing 'Who's on line' i always click the icon of a little group of people, whereas Maxine clicks on the members on line words to get up the same information.

that is one of the fascinations for me regarding computers, there is always more than one way to do the same thing .... sorry I just always find it fascinating and annoying when people press different buttons to get up the same information as me!!! I'm this boring at work too, if my colleagues want my excel 'expertise' I often find myself surprised that they don't do things the same way as me!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
07-08-2005, 12:06 PM
If I am here on a daily basis, like at the moment - I log on and then click on 'New Posts' - as this gives me everything posted since my last visit.

When I have exhausted them and still fancy a wander - I will go to see who is online and see what they are looking at, if they are replying I will go back to that to see if I can make a reply.

If I am still here after I have done all that - and I have seen all I need to see, I search back through Coffee Lounge/Soapbox to have a look at 'funny' or 'interesting' threads, and see if there is anything new to add.

However if I have been away for a few days, or longer I will start at the begininning and methodically wade my way through each section, reading mostly all the new posts, although I won't post - as it takes too long. But I make a mental note of what has interested me and come back to that at a later date to make a reply.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

07-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Fee For All Wrote:I usually use New Posts.

Or if I'm bored, I like reading what all the Guests are reading about.

Ditto :w00t:
07-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Fee For All Wrote:Or if I'm bored, I like reading what all the Guests are reading about.

Hey Fee - I do that sometimes too! If I'm on the forum almost contantly - like now, with my bad back - then I usually run out of things to read. That's when I search around for what the guests are looking at.

Quite often, it'll take me back to an interesting thread in the archives.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
07-08-2005, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2005 02:19 PM by Patsy.)
When I log on, it takes me straight to who's on line. I then to go New Posts. I constantly refer to who's on line to see if anyone else has joined.

When the new posts are exhausted, I might also wander around and see if I've missed anything. I also click on some members names to see when they last posted, which often leads me somewhere I might not necessarily have gone.

We don't want to miss anything, now do we? :laugh:

Dolores Wrote:When I'm viewing 'Who's on line' i always click the icon of a little group of people, whereas Maxine clicks on the members on line words to get up the same information
I don't understand. :sad:
07-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I didn't when I first read it either Patsy, but if you look underneath where it says currently active users, just before names of the peeps on line are 3 little people(a bit like the fisher price people) and if you click on them you get the same list as clicking on currently active users
07-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Still can't see it. Is it when you go to "Who's on Line"? If so, I can't see where it says "currently active users". Am I looking in the wrong place? It just lists who's on line down the left hand side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do we have any experts/professionals on the board? Dolores 79 5,758 15-06-2007 01:41 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Other halfs and the board Dolores 41 2,526 29-08-2005 01:07 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Do you think the name of the board should be updated? Dolores 67 4,456 13-08-2005 07:17 PM
Last Post: Nox
  The Good Old Bad Old Days of the Board! Dolores 45 2,476 28-07-2005 02:19 PM
Last Post: Flyo
  What annoys you about the board? Dolores 121 5,358 10-04-2005 07:00 PM
Last Post: karenh