Poll: What is your most comfortable sleep position?
on my left side
on my right side
on my back
on my front
starfish (on back)
freefall (on front)
to attention
curled up
hanging upside down
slumped in my computer chair
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you sleep?
28-07-2005, 04:24 PM
How do you sleep?

What is your most comfortable sleeping position?

Are you restless or do you wake up in the same position you went to sleep?

Do you normally drop off easily or do you need something to relax your body and/or mind?

Do you prefer to sleep alone or with someone else?

And how often do you stay in SO when you should be sleeping? :photo:
Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2005, 04:27 PM
How do you sleep?
I love sleeping...........and i think I am very good at it too....

I have to sleep on the edge of the bed facing outwards so that no one is breathing on me, I can't stand being cuddled when I am asleep either. I have to have S P A C E......we have a super kingsize bed and it is THE best thing in the world. I have to sleep on my front with one leg hanging off the edge (I am painting a very flattering picture here am I not!!)

Ooohhh just talking about it makes me want to go to bed right now.......
Find all posts by this user
28-07-2005, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2005 04:40 PM by Patsy.)
How do you sleep?
I fall asleep initially on my left, but invariably end up on my back, which then gives me a stiff neck. I then turn over onto my right, which invariably gives me a stiff shoulder, so end up on my back again............ And so it goes on.

Sleeping alone initially is difficult, but soon get used to it if Mr P's away. Love falling asleep with my boys, but they have to go when they keep me awake. Hate being "faced" in bed and breathed on, like Buzz. Also hate being cuddled or touched in any way when trying to sleep. Hate being woken up before I'm supposed to (just ask Cat, she knows what I'm like, eh Cat :wink2: ). Sleep is the single most important thing in my life. Without it, I am in purgatory (?sp) and God help everyone else around me. :boxing:

Usually fall asleep quite easily, unless something is playing on my mind.

Had lots of early nights recently due to my duff pooty, so I'm currently a chirpy bunny rather than a bunny boiler. Smile

Anything else you want to know about my nocturnal activity, just let me know. :wink2:
28-07-2005, 04:32 PM
How do you sleep?
I always sleep on my left, half curled up...
28-07-2005, 04:36 PM
How do you sleep?
I'm mobile. I start on my left and normally wake that way, but in between I'm all over the place. I like to have one leg out of the duvet - or sometimes both of them, depending on the temperature. I often bunch the duvet up into a kind of body pillow and rest my upper leg on it.

Used to sleep with one arm doubled under the pillow, but I read somewhere that's bad for your circulation so I trained myself not to do it.

Even though I'm mobile I'm a peaceful sleeper. Last year I insisted we get twin beds because I was fed up of getting punched and kicked all night - and I've never looked back. Absolute sleepy heaven! So, no spooning for me - but at least I don't get breathed on either Buzz. :thumbsup:
28-07-2005, 04:41 PM
How do you sleep?
dab Wrote:I like to have one leg out of the duvet - or sometimes both of them, depending on the temperature. I often bunch the duvet up into a kind of body pillow and rest my upper leg on it.

My boys do that, especially my eldest. They call it "plod way". Don't ask.
28-07-2005, 04:43 PM
How do you sleep?
Patsy Wrote:My boys do that, especially my eldest. They call it "plod way". Don't ask.

I'm sorry. I have to. Why "plod way"?
28-07-2005, 04:45 PM
How do you sleep?
There's always one........ tut!

Because they hold their duvets between their legs which squishes their plods (plums, nads, goolies, etc.).

You asked.
28-07-2005, 04:50 PM
How do you sleep?
I hate going to bed and stay up till unearthly hours of the morning til I'm really too tired to see straight.

Then, if I don't fall asleep in the computer chair, I climb into bed and wonder why I didn't do it hours ago cos it's so comfy, plug radio earphones in my ears and go out like a light on my left side. I usually wake up in exactly the same position. No matter how hot it is I always have to have a cover over me - strange person that I am.
28-07-2005, 04:54 PM
How do you sleep?
Oh yes and I do that leg or legs out of the duvet thing like Dab and Patsy's boys. Wasn't sure how to describe it but Dab did it perfectly (just need the duvet over my shoulders and under my chin - lol)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does your sleep pattern change ..... Bonsai 11 1,541 13-03-2006 10:25 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Goodnight, sleep tight! msgirl 11 1,608 31-01-2006 03:31 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Seeing as I cannot sleep Marmoset 10 1,240 06-09-2005 06:02 AM
Last Post: Flip
  Pointless can't sleep thread Marmoset 9 1,394 19-05-2005 11:13 AM
Last Post: ils
  How do you sleep? Voice of reason 67 4,155 13-03-2005 02:18 PM