Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you solve a problem like Maria?
05-08-2006, 06:27 PM

Anyone watching this tonight? I've recorded it but I'm not sure it's going to be any good.

Basically, Graham Norton presents a show where Andrew Lloyd Webber is looking for a new talent to star as Maria in a stage version of The Sound of Music.

Yeah it all smacks of yet another desperate reality show, but I'm going to give the first week a try, cos I'm quite fond of the the-ayter, and the film.

please please please don't let NA be the only one to reply to this thread.

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm watching it now Floopy! I absolutely love it!

This week is week 2 of 8. From next week the final 10 compete for the audience's vote.

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
05-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't worry, no na at the moment!:ninja:

I watched this for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. Although I think I have a secret dream of doing something like this myself. (Harking back to my dancing days of yesteryear)

They are down to the last 10 now and it goes to the public vote (Do they realise what they are doing???)

But my prediction is, at this early stage, that the young 19 year old who hasn't had any training as such, taught herself to sing with CD's, will win this!

[Image: 429.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-08-2006, 05:41 PM
This is the first reality music programme I can honestly say I am behind.

Musicality I thought was horrendous.

X factor well need we say any more.

Numerous others have given us average to below average performers.

It will be difficult for an audience to decide on who should play this role, but I would hope that the television company play substantive excerpts from the original Julie Andrews film version, just to remind viewers what the industry wants.

Last nights performances weren't bad at Sydminton and the final ten have been selected. The next six weeks will see many tears and tantrums.

Maureen
Northern angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Andrea Wrote:Don't worry, no na at the moment!:ninja:

I watched this for the first time tonight and really enjoyed it. Although I think I have a secret dream of doing something like this myself. (Harking back to my dancing days of yesteryear)

They are down to the last 10 now and it goes to the public vote (Do they realise what they are doing???)

But my prediction is, at this early stage, that the young 19 year old who hasn't had any training as such, taught herself to sing with CD's, will win this!

It was inevitable, I seem to be cursed :ninja:

Anyways, I watched it, it was quite good, although heavily edited in favour of Emily and Bryony.

I didnt realise there was another bit on later, so I missed that one, but I'll probably watch again next week if nothing better's on.

I really hope that one of the untrained girls wins though, there's so much more character in an untrained voice, all the RSM girls sound the same to me.

Bollox to potplants
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Briony didn't get through to the final 10, but Emily did. The really stunning looking girl with the lovely voice called Siobhan didn't make it either.

Andrea I think the girl you mean is called Leanne and I think she could well win it too.

Btw are the digs at NA really necessary?

06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Short of wearing a big sign round my neck with **** OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE on, then yes, yes they are.

Bollox to potplants
06-08-2006, 06:40 PM
floopy Wrote:Short of wearing a big sign round my neck with **** OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE on, then yes, yes they are.

So are you saying that she should post in any thread you start, even if she has a view on the subject? And if so why?

06-08-2006, 06:42 PM
I really don't want to get into this again, but I think most people would have got that by now, yes.

Have you got anything more to say about the programme, cos you're taking the thread off topic?

Bollox to potplants
06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
No nothing. So sorry for spoiling your thread by taking it off topic!