How do you spend Sundays?

Working?
Playing sports?
Washing the car?
Vegging out with the papers?
Going to church?

A combination of the above?

Just being nosy really. Wink

Angel who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2005, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2005 09:29 AM by karenh.)
Sunday is my favourite day of the week!

We usually get up quite early (although that is dependent on what we have done the night before), have breakfast and coffe and lounge around reading the papers.

Then, we usually go to the gym mid morning (am off in a minute actually), and after exercising do the whole pampering thing: Sauna, steam room, jacuzzi etc. We both feel very relaxed and virtuous afterwards. We both have a few mates that go to the same gym, and if we see any of them there, we sometimes go for a coffee in the gym bar after the sauna etc.

Then we go out for Sunday lunch - its a bit of a weekly ritual. There are several really good country pubs within easy driving distance of where we live and they are the usual venue of choice. Sometimes we go on our own, other times we arrange to meet friends at the pub, and I look forward to it every week.

Sunday is also the day where, if we need to, we do joint shopping. Not supermarket stuff more householdy type things. E.g. this afternoon we are going into Croydon to get a picture framed for a fantastic Govinder painting that we recently bought.

Evening is spent doing whatever - normally watching a film whilst having a light dinner (too stuffed after lunch to have anything havey). Then, early night!

God - reading through it, I've just realised how much of a routine we have! But, I wouldn't change it for the world.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2005, 10:02 AM
I normally play golf all day

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
30-01-2005, 10:26 AM
I spend Sundays listening involuntarily to some noisy thoughtless little s**t of a wood pigeon outside my bedroom window - 'cos he obviously seems to think that I find it therapeutic! And so, now the bugger refuses to let me sleep, I jump on the pc, log on to the old forum here and the moment im online, said pigeon thinks it's humorous to then fly off, as he knows that I know he has a sixth sense for knowing exactly when he's taken his amusing little task of p***ing me off to its limits. As he's flying to wherever his next port of call may be, I know that there's a contented birdie grin on his beak......the feathery little b***ard!

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
30-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Woodstock Wrote:I spend Sundays listening involuntarily to some noisy thoughtless little s**t of a wood pigeon outside my bedroom window - 'cos he obviously seems to think that I find it therapeutic! And so, now the bugger refuses to let me sleep, I jump on the pc, log on to the old forum here and the moment im online, said pigeon thinks it's humorous to then fly off, as he knows that I know he has a sixth sense for knowing exactly when he's taken his amusing little task of p***ing me off to its limits. As he's flying to wherever his next port of call may be, I know that there's a contented birdie grin on his beak......the feathery little b***ard!

and breathe woodstock...the pigeon has gone now
30-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Like Karen and her hubby, Mr V and I got to the gym. We got there at 8am this morning and did a 2 mile road run from the gym and back before going in to do weights etc, I also did a yoga class which was lovely. Usually we'd come home, shower and have a lazy day with full Sunday roast, but we are off to a Christening this afternoon so it's a bit different. The evenings are usually spent getting things ready for school/work the next day and doing the ironing etc.
30-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Buzz Wrote:and breathe woodstock...the pigeon has gone now

....he's out there.....somewhere......listening for my movements......I'm giving it 5 more minutes before I very quietly tip toe back into bed......

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
30-01-2005, 11:46 AM
I love Sundays!
I usually get up and go to mass (if I haven't been on saturday)
Then I come home, do any work for uni that needs to be done, laze about for a bit and eg come on here!
Then me and the gf usually go this lovely little restuarant which is just 5 mins away from me and have lunch.
Then we go to the pub and there's usually a bunch of our friends in there. Have a few drinks then I go home, watch TV etc.

That's it!
Actually reading that back, I sound like an old man but I wouldn't change my Sundays Smile

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
30-01-2005, 12:08 PM
In a winter I chill out at home, help with the sunday dinner & the washing up.
However in a summer my partner and I go to "Thorsby Market" to look at stuff for our cars (usually stereo gear) then we come home for the dinner and then spend the afternoon fitting or playing with what we have bought. Usually finished off with a pint at the pub with some friends Smile

[Image: KimSig.jpg]
30-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Sunday is a family day.

We generally go to Church, followed by coffee or sherry with firends at someones house.

Then it is home, I make Sunday Lunch [mostly Roasts], I then tidy around the house, sort school uniforms, homework out. Mr F potters around outdside doing something useful and we always take the dogs somewhere for a walk.

Sunday evenings I get the Tiddles bathed and ready for bed early 6.30pm, we then have a light supper [quite often egg and tomato sandwiches] - then Tiddles to bed and we watch tv.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  You know you spend too much time on this site when... Dolores 43 3,454 21-08-2005 09:43 PM
Last Post: mazwad