Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How important is your secrecy regarding the board?
26-09-2005, 04:45 PM

I was watching The Beach last night and they went to extraordinary lengths to make sure their paradise beach was kept a secret away from the rif-raf and tourists that they felt had spoiled the rest of Thailand.

So that got me thinking ... what lengths do you go to in order to make sure that no-one finds out you come here?

If I log on at work I go to all sorts of extremes to make sure no-one knows I come on here, ie. deleting internet history, making sure I log out, only coming on if no-one is behind me who might catch a glimpse of the screen. And when I'm out if i chat about something I've learned off here I'm very careful to cover my tracks about where I got the information!

For two mornings a week I work off site at a location where i share a pc with about four other people during the week. And I'm mortified if i go back on line and find out that I havne't logged off for some reason!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't let on how much I'm on here, but they know at work about you lot and think I'm quite sad. What do they know? :unsure:
Find all posts by this user
26-09-2005, 04:59 PM
I have the comp in my room and if someone comes into the room I quickly minus everything. It might look suspicious but I don't care. I however never log out.
26-09-2005, 05:02 PM
JakeyBoy Wrote:I have the comp in my room and if someone comes into the room I quickly minus everything. It might look suspicious but I don't care. I however never log out.

I never log out at home and consequently forget to do so at work sometimes! It would be bad enough getting the sack for using the internet when I'm not supposed to ... but I couldn't handle the shame of "Dolores ... my alter ego" being discovered!!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
26-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, Im a bit sneaky at work re deleting history etc, but thats mainly because Im not allowed much access to SO from work, so have to cover my tracks.

Im never logged off either.

But as far as sharing trivia facts and knowledge gleaned from this forum, I stay quiet about where Ive got it from, and just share my vast general knowledge with my friends and family. :laugh:

The fact they think Im a total anorak because of this, is a different matter entirely :unsure:
26-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I don't actually delete history, nor do I log out of the forum every time, but.......I still regard you lot as my guilty secret.

Hardly anyone knows I come on here, including most of my close friends and family members. And those that do have absolutely no idea how often I come on (apart from my husband - he knows of course).

Its not that I'm ashamed of you guys - its just that I've found that most people tend to think that people who join internet forum have either (a) got problems in their marriage or (b) are sad, lonely, anoraks with no life and no friends.

Funnily enough, those aren't images that I like to have associated with me.... :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
26-09-2005, 09:05 PM
I will go to any length to keep my association with you freaks and weirdos a secret! :glare:

And I mean any length!

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
26-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Well, it takes one to know one, Groucho! At least you are in good company! Big Grin

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
26-09-2005, 09:29 PM
My wife and kids know about you lot - My wife even fancies going on a meet - I reckon she just doesn't trust me on me own [Image: Pep008.gif]

My kids just reckon I'm weird!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
27-09-2005, 06:18 AM
I told one person about some rumpus that was going on here, and they thought Id lost the plot so I havent mentioned it again, so I suppose it is a secret although I would happily say about it if someone was interested in the internet or forums etc I dont log on at work (made that rule a while ago) but I can register any new posts and read them so I am a bit sneaky - just dont enter the site directly to reply except in extreme circumstances. I havent told anyone about the meet, except to say I know a lot of people who are coming over to Dublin on that particular weekend who may make splash or two!!!

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Important Information Seabreeze 3 600 30-09-2006 09:05 PM
Last Post: littlemissbig
  When the board is not enough.... Dolores 6 719 10-10-2005 12:44 PM
Last Post: Patsy