Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How nosey are you?
15-05-2005, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2005 06:18 PM by Bob.)
How nosey are you?

Do you ever listen into other people's conversations or look through windows into people's houses cars, sheds, etc cos something has caught your eye?
I was out shopping in woolies yesterday and an elderly woman and her daughter (I presume) walked past me and as they did the older woman was telling the daughter "oooooo I'll tell you what really annoyed my on tele last night" interested (cos I love tele) I hovered waiting to hear what it was, but to my anoyance the younger woman interupted her (so rude) and started pointing at something on a shelf. I felt like going over and saying "Do please carry on" Anyway I back tracked and walked behind them until the older woman said "yes so I was saying this silly frog on tele last night really annoyed me, it was there every two minutes"
Ah I thought, the crazy frog!
I also had a nosey into my neighbours car this morning as there has been this leaflet on the dashboard for days, I wondered how he drove without it falling off, so I went to have a look. It said "Don't bother, this car has had all the valubles removed" :laugh:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2005, 06:10 PM
How nosey are you?
I am incredibly, incredibly nosey, and will stop at almost nothing to know everything that is going on, even if the information is of no use to me whatsoever.
15-05-2005, 06:50 PM
How nosey are you?
I am the nosiest person I know - Dave's always winding me up by saying he knows something I don't - I'll be dead cool about it but really it's eating me up!

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
15-05-2005, 06:57 PM
How nosey are you?
I am nosey, very nosey ... but I'd rather die than admit it!

[Image: 8_1_35.gif]

d'oh!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-05-2005, 07:00 PM
How nosey are you?
Ceridwen Wrote:I am incredibly, incredibly nosey, and will stop at almost nothing to know everything that is going on, even if the information is of no use to me whatsoever.

Im a bit like you Ceri, but I have also found that people break their necks to tell me the gossip/news, even now I am 200 miles away from my hometown, I often know what is going on before some people who live there :laugh:

Me and my bessie mate from back home used to get stick off our other friends as whenever they told us something, we would say, yeah we know, then they would get stroppy because we hadnt told them what we knew :wacko: ......worryingly, the phrase "knowledge is power" has just entered my head as I post :ninja: i'll get me coat

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
15-05-2005, 07:13 PM
How nosey are you?
I like to know what's going on, but it depends on how bored I am as to whether or not I actively seek out information.

Today I was very bored. So bored in fact, that I actively sought out the company of Charlotte, the street gossip, who lives 4 doors down from me. Normally, I avoid her like the plague. Somehow, this woman makes it her business to know the goings on of every household in the street.

I was there for an hour and during that time I found out that:

1. Her husband has left her (although I knew that already as gossip No 2. told me, but I pretended to be surprised)

2. The woman across the road from me is having an affair with someone she met in on the internet

3. The same woman's son is being charged with racially harassing a family in the next road! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

All this AND I got 3 glasses of Vodka and Tonic (in an hour! She drinks as quick as she talks).

I'm midly merry now, and looking at Julie across the road with new eyes.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
15-05-2005, 07:14 PM
How nosey are you?
Oooh karen, how wonderful!!!! Big Grin
15-05-2005, 07:19 PM
How nosey are you?
Ask Crit

and while you are at it see if you can get the secret out of her
Find all posts by this user
15-05-2005, 07:19 PM
How nosey are you?
I think I am more inquisitive than nosey, I like to know what is going on but I won't actively seek it out! People do tend to tell me things though, so I normally know what is going on anyway!
15-05-2005, 07:21 PM
How nosey are you?
mazwad Wrote:see if you can get the secret out of her

She still hasn't told you then maz? :laugh: