Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How organised are you?
10-03-2005, 12:56 PM
How organised are you?

What I mean is, are you someone that floats through life without feeling the need to organise things at all? Someone who plans a bit, but isn't too fussy about it? Or are you a total control freak who makes lists of everything and organises weekends with millitary precision?

I was thinking about this earlier as I seem to have 101 things to organise at the moment but am not in total control of any of them! Usually I like to write lists and finish job 'A' before beginning job 'B' but having so many different things to organise means that I can't actually do it like that this time around and actually, I quite like it!

If you'd have asked me how it would feel to have half a dozen jobs only half done a while back, I'd have said that I'd hate it and would be really stressed, but it turns out that I'm not that fussed really and it's rather marvellous! I know it'll all get done in the end and I know there's stuff I can't control or hurry along anyway (house sale etc) so it's forced me to chill a bit, and frankly I'm a lot better for it! Smile

So what about you?
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2005, 01:03 PM
How organised are you?
I am fairly well organised, you have to be or your life would be total chaos, although I wouldnt exactly say I was a 'control freak' although I do get irritated by people who are a shambles!!!

VofR - I feel for you with your house sale, nearly had a nervous breakdown with mine, dont know how people move sometimes!!! Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 01:03 PM
How organised are you?
I am one of those people, who if in your situation Voicy, would throw my hands up in the air and scream. I get very overwhelmed if things aren't done to order. So I guess I am a complete control freak. Thing is though, on a personal level, I am not that organised. But if it is my stuff, that is ok. If I have to deal with anyone else who is not organised, it drives me absolutely crazy. It has to be in it's place, at the right time, and I could go on and on. So yes, I guess I am a bit of an organisational freak. :wink2:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 01:06 PM
How organised are you?
Well, I like to think of myself as organised, but have tendency to leave essays to last moment. But if I don't know whats going on it really annoys me so some things are planned out early - I think I may have a split personality disorder.
10-03-2005, 01:14 PM
How organised are you?
It will come as no surprise to anyone that I am absolutely DISORGANISED in every facet of my life - except the kitchen where I become Mrs Control Freak.

My house, my social life, my thoughts, my everything is in chaos, happy chaos - but nonetheless chaos. I haven't a clue what I am doing from one minute to the next, I fly by the seat of my pants with everything, I am unreliable, always late, forgetful beyond beleif, hopelessly lacking in concentration I am just really quite useless - always have been.

I strive for organisation - and if I tidy up a part of the house for example, my make-up drawer I feel like I have climbed a mountain and want to share the news with all, the satisfaction and pride I feel is immense.

But those moments are few and far between.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

10-03-2005, 01:14 PM
How organised are you?
I should be called "list woman", I am always writing lists of things to do or remember........I think I like to kid myself that I AM in control, but I always end up leaing everything to the last minute then panic!!!

Although, saying that, since moving here, I am a bit more organised and chilled out about things, totally different to when I was in Leamington, where I could only concentrate on work things during the week, then when work was over, I could deal with the personal stuff.....

I went to Spain a few years ago for Xmas, I couldnt even think about the holdiay till I had done all I had to do at work ready to close for the Xmas hols, the day before we were flying I was at the works party orrrrrrf me head till 4am, then worked the next day till lunchtime, then did the Christmas pressie shop for my family, then went home and cleaned the flat and did my washing, then I went to sis's and dished out the pressies, then went home and sorted the packing - I was still packing my case when my mate arrived to drive us to the airport - I was a nightmare!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM
How organised are you?
Im hopeless :mellow:

I used to fantastically organised, and would know exactly what needed to be doing, where everything was stored, and when things needed renewing etc ...

NOW i have trouble remembering when i last had a wee !!! I seem to have so much swimming around this brain that all the non important things get weylaid.

I forget to pay bills, i forget vets appointments, doctors appointments, i forgot to renew my TV license etc etc ....

Its a nightmare, and i think i might have to resort to lists soon :wacko:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
10-03-2005, 01:31 PM
How organised are you?
I'm one of those people who are organised in some ways but totally disorganised in others.

If I'm going out or doing something I hate being late, have everything ready ages before hand.
But other things I just think "oh I'll do that tomorrow".
Like my course I want to go on, I've got to sort out my application form, but because I know I don't need to get it in for another few months, I'm not that fussed at the moment.
Then a few months will pass by and I'll be running around like a headless chicken trying to get it done.
Procastination is my middle name :wacko:

[Image: 429.gif]
10-03-2005, 02:00 PM
How organised are you?
I am only as organised as I need to be. E.g. I am organised enough to get up each morning and arrive wherever I need to be on time. And I can plan a project and meet deadlines. But I can't organise my desk at work - it looks like a bomb has hit it!. This "needs must" approach also applies to my finances - my bills are paid religiously on the 1st of each month, but once those commitments are met, it would not occur to me to budget for the rest of the month, or audit my bank account.

I have to be organised to some extent, but I'm not anal about it. If something doesn't get done to today, it'll get done tomorrow.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
10-03-2005, 02:05 PM
How organised are you?
I suppose I am quite organised ....

I log all my appointments on my calender & in my diary so I don't forget them, I am very rarely late for anything as I would rather be early than late and I pay most of my bills by direct debit, and the ones that I don't I pay the same day I recieve them.

But I am a nightmare with my paperwork. even though I have a filling cabinet I very rarely file the paperwork away, it is just left in a huge heap..... :wallbash: