Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add graphics to a post?
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM

When you click on the insert image icon it asks for a URL. I can't quite get the gist of it. If I want to add a picture from my computer, i.e. a christmas graphic or something, where does it have to be in the first place? I've done a bit of HTML coding and I know that you have to upload images to a file manager to get them to show up in a document but I can't seem to get my head round this one. Am I just being dense - lol?
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Critique Wrote:When you click on the insert image icon it asks for a URL. I can't quite get the gist of it. If I want to add a picture from my computer, i.e. a christmas graphic or something, where does it have to be in the first place? I've done a bit of HTML coding and I know that you have to upload images to a file manager to get them to show up in a document but I can't seem to get my head round this one. Am I just being dense - lol?

I think you can only link an image from your computer in the photo forum Critique, in all other forums it has to be stored on a website. A lot of people
use photobucket to store the images they wish to upload here.

*I am a complete numpty when it comes to computers so this info could be completely incorrrect*
08-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I can't get into the photo gallery though, says I need a password or something! :sad:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 01:38 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I think you can only link an image from your computer in the photo forum Critique
Nope.

If you're linking to a photo on your PC, the ONLY way people can see the photo is if they have access to your PC. Basically ANY photo that you want to display on this site MUST be stored on a web server. So either use Photobucket, or run your own web server...!

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Eternity Wrote:I can't get into the photo gallery though, says I need a password or something! :sad:

Haydon will be able to give you the password Eternity!
08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Blink Wrote:Nope.

If you're linking to a photo on your PC, the ONLY way people can see the photo is if they have access to your PC. Basically ANY photo that you want to display on this site MUST be stored on a web server. So either use Photobucket, or run your own web server...!

Hmmmm - well I think my messages will be without graphics then - lol, cos I haven't got Photobucket and "run your own web server ...." ???? That's like a foreign language to me Blush

Thanks to everyone for the help though - I must be just a thicko Smile
08-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Just go to http://www.photobucket.com and sign up Critique - it is free and it is really easy to upload your pictures from your PC on to it....
08-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Thankyou for the link ILS - I hope I have got the hang of it - we shall see - lol

[Image: ani_reindeer018.gif]
08-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Well I can see a reindeer but the big question is ... can anyone else :laugh:
08-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Yep! I can, and he's cute! Well done you! Smile

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Last Post Doesn't Always Appear Rob 15 1,078 12-08-2005 05:51 AM
Last Post: Blink
  Mental Block....how do you post pictures again? PJ 19 1,234 02-04-2005 03:18 PM
Last Post: ils
  My post count Mars 20 1,284 19-03-2005 12:28 AM
Last Post: Mars
  I can't post in the SO pets forum Lugger Buggs 1 319 15-03-2005 07:01 PM
Last Post: Lugger Buggs