Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huggy is awesome!
03-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Huggy is awesome!

I know there will be people who don't agree with me here, but I found Huggy's interview to be really touching.

I know he sings and gives advice- sometimes when it isn't asked for, but I have to give it to him. He wears his heart on his sleeve and he does the things he does because he cares & has had more years, adding to his wisdom, im not saying he's right about everything but he is not thick.

The other day he was speaking to Sophie, he said "Less is more, give out little bits and you will leave people wanting more of you and that is particularly good in the industry you are in" She took it the wrong way and slagged him off to the person in the hut. That was good advice though, she was just too proud to realise it.

I have respect for him, and only wish now that I had voted for him to stay in, though I don't think it would have made a difference
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Huggy is awesome!
I certainly don't regret that he was voted off.He was more that boring in the jungle and didn't prove to anyone that he was specially wise.
There is some truth in some of his advices but well....he gave so many!!...Statistically he has to be right sometimes..
He was touching during his interview but provided poor entertainment.he clearly thought he was more intelligent than the rest when obviously it wasn't the case...
03-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Huggy is awesome!
I don't think he thought he was more intellegent, I think he just realises that he has lived longer & has more experiences to draw lessons from. He comes across to me as knowing that he has lived a lot of years and trying to teach people what he has learned. You learn by your mistakes. Yeah he was boring sometimes and I don't think that he was especially intellegent or arrogant. He just does his best to help with what he's got.

His tears were real.
03-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Huggy is awesome!
I don't know why huggy's age is an excuse for anything. We have already established that he is only 58, not 78 and that there isn't much in it between him and Sheila and Janet but they seemed to have much more life in them and he just came across as the Grandad. As for his words of wisdom, well they were few and far between and most of them were inaudible or just trailed off so, for me, as far as Huggy was concerned it was that same old word, indifference. Can't say I miss him.
03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Huggy is awesome!
Still think he's a nice guy
03-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Huggy is awesome!
it seemed to be a big career move for him...and he appeared to be gutted he didn't win...
He's probably desperate to have his career back on track...
03-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Huggy is awesome!
I agree with you there but he also seemed to expect it when he left?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bye Bye Huggy The Censor 17 2,574 03-12-2004 12:17 PM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Huggy? ChelseaFan 29 3,165 02-12-2004 05:59 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  If you go down the jungle today you'll find a Huggy Bear Haydon_acc2 32 3,069 24-11-2004 12:02 AM
Last Post: ils