Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungerford Massacre
08-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Hungerford Massacre

Did anyone see this on BBC1 yesterday at 9pm?

It is a reconstruction of the events of the massacre in 1987 where 16 people were killed by Michael Ryan. It was awful and very sad with commentry from the people actually invovled. It is quite scarey how this could happen so easily and especially in England where we assume we are safe from guns. The saddest thing was when this elderly lady was recounting how she was walking in a park and a little boy and girl of ages 3 and 4 came up to her and said, 'The man in black killed our mummy. We are going home now. We know where we live. The house with the blue door'. The whole thing was awful.

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Hungerford Massacre
I saw this Sharkey and it really made me sad. I remember the massacre, but i couldnt remember exactly what happened, and i was appalled.

It was a thoughtful documentary, and i will remember it for a long time.

The worst part was when he turned the gun on his own mother !!! Oh, and when he entered the childrens school swimming / obstacle park. I really thought some of the kids would be killed.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
08-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Hungerford Massacre
It was gripping, what a role to play for the actor! - I was spooked taking the dog out at 11 in the pitch dark after it (no streetlights up here). :blink:
08-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Hungerford Massacre
It was really surreal, the way he suddenly seemed to click back into reality, and started to take on board the enormity of what he had done. Horrific.
Find all posts by this user
08-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Hungerford Massacre
I don't watch a great deal of TV, but this was on my list of must sees.

I remember it quite clearly. I remember coming in, the news being on and this horrific story unfolding in front of me. Even now, some days I'll be shopping in town, and I'll think about what happened in Hungerford that day and how easily it could happen again here, there or anywhere even with tighter gun laws.

I don't think anyone ever understood what went on inside the head of Michael Ryan. If he had lived, maybe someone would have found out but for the sake of his victim's family and friends, and those who witnessed the nightmare, I'm glad he killed himself.