Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'd Do Anything
01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I'd Do Anything

I can't believe there wasn't a thread for this. I surely can't be the only who's been hooked for the last however many weeks.

The right girl won, imo, although any of the last 4 would have done a great job.

Well done Jodie. Time to shift the rest of that weight now, girl! Not a stranger to reality TV, she won The Biggest Loser UK, but has obviously put a bit of pudding back on since then.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I'd Do Anything
I saw the last few in the series only, but was rooting for Jodie as I thought she's make a fantastic, blowsy Victorian prozzie. However, I did think that Jessie sang a better version of 'As Long As...' on the night.

And Cameron Mackintosh needs to get his finger out and bring back 'A Chorus Line'. Best stage show ever - forget the movie, Attenborough should have had his knighthood removed for that.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
01-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I'd Do Anything
I've tried watching this several times, but can't stand the thought of Roy Scheider as a choreographer.

(I am thinking of the right film, aren't I?)

I love these shows and have particularly enjoyed "Nancy" having recently "done" Oliver and "As Long as He Needs Me" has always been one of my favourite show tunes. Jessie has an amazing talent and no doubt has a great future ahead of her (if she can tone down that accent), but I think Jodie will be the safe hands Cameron Mackintosh needs. Jessie's first rendition of "The Man that Got Away" a few weeks ago was superb, but so was Jodie's "Send in the Clowns" and I'm surprised she didn't do this again this week.

Anyway, it was the people's choice and their favourite won and, at the end of the day, it is the public who will be voting with bums on seats.
01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
I'd Do Anything
I've watched this from the beginning and have always thought that Jodie should be Nancy, she might not have the best voice but she is the all round package.

She has the likability factor, a good voice, she is a reasonable mover and she is not a bad actress.

Jessie had a lovely voice when she was singing ballads but she couldn't sing anything up tempo. Her singing also came across as aggressive sometimes, she couldn't act, she is very clumsy with her movement and she doesn't really have the likability factor that some of the others did.

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I'd Do Anything
Patsy Wrote:I've tried watching this several times, but can't stand the thought of Roy Scheider as a choreographer.

(I am thinking of the right film, aren't I?)

No - Roy Scheider was in 'All That Jazz'.

'A Chorus Line' is about just that - a bunch of hopefuls auditioning. The film however just didn't work; especially with Michael Douglas as the auditioner:bored:

Here's a promo for the new production -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT7Sl2K9CEs

It's on the cards to come back to London, but apparently there's only a couple of theatres big enough, one of them being Drury Lane.

Anyone who feels they should really be a West End star should see this.

(I'll take you when it opens in London :wink2: )

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]