Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I deserve a medal because....
20-08-2005, 06:21 PM

what act of bravery or selflessness have you performed that deserves a medal?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2005, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2005 06:34 PM by Dolores.)
I got rid of a MASSIVE spider today! he's been sat at the bottom of our stairs since about Wednesday. Im not scared of spiders but I'm not keen on them either. I can live and let live as long as they aren't crawling across ceilings while I'm in bed!

Anyway this one was so BIG that I just left it cos i was a bit anxious about touching it, but tonight my son's friend is staying over and he was too scared to walk past it, so I had to take direct action and get rid of it!

Fear not spider lovers (if there is such a thing!!) I put a jar over it and slid card underneath and put it at the bottom of the garden!

[Image: GoliathBirdeaterTopWhole.jpg]

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
20-08-2005, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Dolores]

Fear not spider lovers (if there is such a thing!!)

We won't go there Dol - i got into a lot of trouble in the past.Blush

I will however pass on the tip of putting a line of toilet paper over the edge of the bath to enable stranded spiders to climb out and hide somewhere else in your house.
Find all posts by this user
20-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I deserve a medal because yesterday I had 12 kids all 6 and under running around my house yesterday for 2 hours:wacko:

[Image: 429.gif]
20-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Andrea Wrote:I deserve a medal because yesterday I had 12 kids all 6 and under running around my house yesterday for 2 hours:wacko:

you deserve a large whiskey too, lady!

20-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Dolores Wrote:you deserve a large whiskey too, lady!

Ooh I had a few large wines last night:ninja:

[Image: 429.gif]
20-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Anyone who has a kids birthday party at home deserves a medal and a few wines :thumbsup: :wine:
20-08-2005, 10:03 PM
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Anyone who has a kids birthday party at home deserves a medal and a few wines :thumbsup: :wine:

I've always preferred the ones at home actually! As long as the parents aren't there! Making small talk with someone's mum at your kid's birthday party is just excruitiating!

21-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I really really deserve a medal today, I was hoovering out an ancient cupboard that I took delivery of yesterday. I hoovered it out and felt and heard the thump of 7 very large spiders rattle up the hoover suction pipe, I ewe'd at each one.

Oh and I did my second sermon at Church this morning - and that in itself deserves a medal!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

21-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I deserve a medal because I have just finished a mountain of ironing :thumbsup: