Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got chatted up today!
24-03-2005, 06:39 PM
I got chatted up today!

Forgive me this moment - it happens so infrequently I had to tell you about it.

I was walking towards my car laden down with lots of shopping bags filled with Easter eggs, so light but cumbersome. I was balancing a number of bunches of pale pink tulips on all of this shopping.

As I got to the car, a very dapper and good looking man - stopped his car, opened his window and asked if I was leaving the parking space. So I replied, as soon as my shopping was packed away I would be gone.

He then said 'oh they are lovely', assuming he was talking about my tulips, I said 'yes, aren't they pretty, you don't often see them as pale as this!'. He looked momentarily puzzled, and said, 'oh I meant your car' - so stoopid me laughed and twittered on about the merits of my car and he bantered back.

Anyway - I got the shopping into the car, got in and started to drive off. I realised I still had a valid parking ticket - so stopped wound my window down, at which point he got out of his car and came running over. I said, waving my ticket at him 'I've got half an hour'.

He looked at his watch - and said 'ooooooo yeah, go on, so have I'.

One very red Flippy accelerated out of that car park like Nigel Mansell! But I smiled all the way home!!Smile

So come on guys - let us have your latest chat up stories ....

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2005, 07:54 PM
I got chatted up today!
:laugh: Oh bless you....I'm all up for a good flirting but when people respond in kind I run a mile.
24-03-2005, 08:27 PM
I got chatted up today!
Flip I'm surprised you don't get chatted up regularly, judging from the meeting pics, you are beautiful! :bye:

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
Find all posts by this user
24-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I got chatted up today!
claire Wrote:Flip I'm surprised you don't get chatted up regularly, judging from the meeting pics, you are beautiful! :bye:

She's not really, she's so ugly we had to dub them, so it really is a remarkable thing!!
25-03-2005, 12:04 AM
I got chatted up today!
Love it Flip, love it :thumbsup:

[Image: 429.gif]
25-03-2005, 05:22 AM
I got chatted up today!
Cat Wrote:She's not really, she's so ugly we had to dub them, so it really is a remarkable thing!!

Yes it's amazing what you can do with digital photography these days.....Flip is queen of the airbrush technique! :bag:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I got chatted up today!
I got chatted up on Saturday afternoon! It doesn't happen often so it's worth bringing it to your attention!

There I was at the gym looking decidely glam in jogging bottoms I'd taken out of the linen basket and a t-shirt that had been on the bedroom floor for about three days, no make up and my hair scraped back (now I'm starting to realise why it doesn't happen much!!).

Anyway this rotund red faced little fellah toddled over to me (and you thought it was going to be a bronzed adonis with a pierced nipple!) and got on the bike next to me and WOULD NOT STOP TALKING! To be fair to him I think he'd left his glasses at home and that he was lonely!

I hate it when strangers start asking pertinent questions and so was offish with him, this did not deter him, by now my sweat fumes must have been overwhelming him (cos his were me!). In the end I just shut my eyes and peddled like fury and all I could hear next to me was him grunting like he'd run a marathon or had a really great w**k :sick:

Men .... they're like buses .... big and red! Big Grin

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
20-04-2005, 08:22 AM
I got chatted up today!
Dolores Wrote:Men .... they're like buses .... big and red! Big Grin

Yeah but where were the other two? On the tread mill and showers??:laugh:

20-04-2005, 08:29 AM
I got chatted up today!
Ohhhh well done girls, its always a bonus when that happens isnt it!

I got chatted up a couple of weeks ago, in the Job Centre of all places, it was the Security Guard :laugh: it took a few minutes for the penny to drop that I WAS actually being chatted up, and a bit like you Flip, I wittered on a bit before I cottoned on :wacko: then did a runner as soon as was possible Blush Im such a girly poof sometimes.........but I had a spring in my step and a smile on my face as I walked into town!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
20-04-2005, 08:39 AM
I got chatted up today!
Isis Wrote:but I had a spring in my step and a smile on my face as I walked into town!

so true, so true - doesn't it give the ego a huge big leg up?? Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Doing anything exciting today? Bob 147 10,573 17-06-2007 06:55 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  What are you wearing today ? Bonsai 216 12,090 13-06-2007 01:30 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Is There Anyone You'd Like To Flog Or Shoot Today? Northern angel 20 3,095 23-03-2007 02:48 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Whats everyone doing today? Cat 314 12,770 29-11-2006 01:08 PM
  A Funny Thing Happened at the Office Today Groucho 13 2,605 28-09-2006 06:54 PM
  I am so upset today. bridge 25 3,236 30-06-2006 03:32 AM
  What made you laugh today.... Cat 315 14,395 04-06-2006 07:41 PM
  Are children being spoilt today? Northern angel 25 3,376 31-05-2006 05:37 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Today's birthdays tigger 13 2,061 12-05-2006 11:17 AM
  Do you look just gorgeous today?? Tell us... msgirl 19 2,546 31-03-2006 06:22 PM
Last Post: Bonsai