[Image: 18_12_4.gif]
Yes

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2005, 11:49 AM
I had the best
I had the best week last week... despite the fact I was pretty down while sober, my hours of soberness were seriously clouded by those of intoxication!

There are three types of mathmatician:
Those who can count and those who can't!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I had the best
I had the best holiday ever when I went to L.A. in March 2003...it was a movie lovers heavenly dream come true.....I went with an equally movie mad mate and we did all the movie locations we could find and saw shows being made...and we did a convertible (Thelma and Louise without the rape and killing) drive to Vegas...where I nearly died....it was the biz and it only cost me £300 for the entire 20 days as the flight was free! :wub:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I had the best
I had the best afternoon with my kids at the park (how sad some may think) but it's true!! :wub:

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
18-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I had the best
claire Wrote:I had the best afternoon with my kids at the park (how sad some may think) but it's true!! :wub:

Well some may think that Claire, but I remember when my kids were small the wonderful afternoons we spent at the park together. Enjoy them whilst you can, as they soon grow up and wouldn't be seen dead with you at a park, incase you show them up in front of their friends (that's teenagers for you :laugh: )
18-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I had the best
I keep telling myself that will never happen to me!! :pimp:

18-03-2005, 04:13 PM
I had the best
claire Wrote:I keep telling myself that will never happen to me!! :pimp:
Believe me it will..... :laugh:
18-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I had the best
................... :sad:

18-03-2005, 04:33 PM
I had the best
Don't worry Claire, by the time that time comes you will have been through so many highs and lows that it isn't so bad - you will take it all in your stride Smile
18-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I had the best
I had the best:

Birthday treat yesterday. My day at Champneys was delicious. I felt a bit intimidated at first but soon got into the swing of it. Started off with an induction and tour of the facilities. Then Abby wanted to do a gym class so she went and did that and I lolled in the coffee bar. Then we went to a Skin Care Class which was interesting and by then it was time for our manicure and pedicure. Oh it was bliss. Feet soaking in one of those footspa things while they massage nice creams into your hands, then they go into warm water and they work on your feet then back to finger nails and toe nails. Lovely. (I now have painted fingernails and toe-nails to match and that's a firstSmile

Then off for a nice lunch, loads to choose from and all healthy (but not just lettuce leaves). There was all sort, stuffed peppers, chicken, rice, noodles, new potatoes, salad of every description, a vegetable medley, and you could just mix and match whatever you fancied.

They did have a smoking room there but it smelled awful so I stood outside in the lovely gardens and had my first cigarette since we had got there.

After that I was called for my back massage - all the treatment rooms are dimly lit and have lovely sound effect music, waves breaking and bird noises, very soothing. I was still feeling light headed from that when I was led off for the facial. It was glorious. Loads of lovely aromatic things to cleanse, tone and moisturise, with warm cloths applied to help it sink in. The oils were massaged into the neck and shoulder area too.

We were advised not to do anything strenuous for at least an hour afterwards so we went and had another cup of tea and then showered the oils off so we could go in the pool and jacuzzi.

They had a plunge pool there and saunas but I'm not good in excessive heat and I think the plunge pool would have brought on a heart attack - lol (and the time went so quickly).

Abby booked for a special Body analysis thingy so I stayed longer in the pool and then got out and dressed at my leisure, taking advantage of the ample towels and body lotions freely available. They had hairdryers there of course so I managed to coax my hair back into some sort of shape and put some make-up on so I could leave looking a bit tidy.

It was a really lovely experience.

The only thing that struck me as being a bit mean was that tea and coffee was not freely available - even when I was asked at lunch if I would like a drink and I chose a fruit juice, I still had to sign for it and when you book out you have to pay your "tab".

My checking out bill amounted to £14.60 (which included a pair of £4.99 Champney slippers (mules) because the free things they give you are just flip flops and I can't stand those things), but my son's girlfriend had whacked up over £100 in extras!

She bought 2 bags of the skincare products at £25 each bag (but one was for her mum and we went halves on the other) and the Body analysis thingy cost about £25 and she was also advised to get some stuff for her nails because they weren't in very good condition and that came to £25 too. It soon mounts up with drinks on top.

I would definitely like to do it again though Smile