Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I think Paul Burrel is great!
28-11-2004, 09:02 PM

I know he's a bit camp and not exactly "cool", but he's got a good heart! People should cut him some slack!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2004, 09:46 PM
I think he's ace, especially seeeing how he coped with that chest just now. You go Paul, I am backing you all the way - your're a real star!
28-11-2004, 09:48 PM
I like him. I'm sure he's pleasant company and he comes across as the most considerate of the lot.
28-11-2004, 10:52 PM
i did cringe a bit with the "if you cry - im going to cry" but still he's real i suppose
28-11-2004, 11:17 PM
claire Wrote:i did cringe a bit with the "if you cry - im going to cry" but still he's real i suppose
he is a bit of a drama queen ...the antics in the plane were more profound than anyone elses, he screamed like a girl in his btt .... but he still gets on with things and I don't find him annoying.
28-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I don't like him, but credit where credit due - he did very very well today when he went with Nancy to collect the trunk!
28-11-2004, 11:26 PM
He is camp, pretentious and a drama queen to the point that it makes you want to cringe - but by God he has proved himself during his trials. His Bush Tucker Challenge wasnt pleasant and he was truly terrified when he came out but he still got six stars.
Tonights Treasure Chest Challenge was very scary. He hates heights and yet still managed to edge along that rope (ignore the girly squeals, we will allow him one or two of those).......

I think he will go back home, satisfied that he has done more than his very best. He has nothing to be ashamed of. Just a shame he is a bit of a twit lol ....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Twit or not, I still think he's playing the game just right, and I was one where his name would make me cringe. However, now I have a respect for him, yes he was terrified, as others in other Celeb progs have been, but he got on and did his best - he at least tries, unlike some!
28-11-2004, 11:37 PM
I don't know how to tell you all this, but I'm really beginning to warm to Paul. I think I need help!

If you ignore everything that's gone before and just look at what he's been like in the jungle, he seems like a thorougly decent chap. Yes, he's obsessively neat and not a little camp, but I haven't heard him being bitchy about anyone. He hasn't lost his temper, he appears to be willing to give everything his best shot even if it scares the living daylights out of him, and appears to be very supportive of his fellow campers.

All this stuff about him harping on about the royals. I've hardly heard him mention them unless he is asked in which case he has answered as diplomatically as he can.

Although he did the lion's share, when it came to retrieving the chest, he didn't gloat like Sophie, and I was impressed with the way he refused to let Nancy say she was a failure and insisted that 'we' got the chest.

His double act with Joe is the only thing that provides any amusement and nothing seems to really get him down.

From thinking the worst, I think I'll have to accept I may very well want Paul to win if he continues like this.
28-11-2004, 11:47 PM
I want to confess something?? I was very harsh on Paul when he entered the jungle - via an aeroplane and parachute!!

And for that I am sorry - he does seem like a decent bloke, he does his bit [and more] around camp, he doesn't bitch and yes tonight his chest retreival was admirable in the face of adversity! He is a a gent, nay a true gent - and he is warming the cockles!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul Burrell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mafia_princess05 104 15,016 21-02-2005 11:32 AM
Last Post: kimmy
  Paul Bashing(Give the guy a break) jase1234 41 7,209 19-12-2004 01:31 PM
Last Post: karenh
  Paul - you ARE the star! Eternity 93 10,010 11-12-2004 08:04 AM
Last Post: Isis
  Paul - Throwing toys out of his pram! ils 23 4,167 06-12-2004 09:11 PM
Last Post: Normal1
  I've changed my stance--- Paul is a bit pervy recently!! claire 115 11,398 06-12-2004 03:24 PM
Last Post: Flip
  What was it between Fran and Paul yesterday? MariaRob 4 1,735 06-12-2004 01:09 PM
Last Post: Critique
  Paul's trial!!! -xena- 40 5,559 05-12-2004 06:17 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Paul (aka) Buzzz Light Year Cat 19 3,283 03-12-2004 03:46 PM
Last Post: Buzz
  Paul is a FRAUD Knotty 13 3,132 02-12-2004 06:04 PM
Last Post: claire
  Fill me in--- WHAT DID PAUL BURREL ACTUALLY DO WRONG RE Princess Diana? claire 25 4,355 02-12-2004 05:20 PM
Last Post: bridge