Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've done something stupid - help!
26-04-2005, 04:32 PM

When my friend was staying here over the weekend I bought some fake tanning spray cos my feet and legs are so white - it's L'Oreal so not a cheapy one. It said that it only took an hour to develop.

I waited till my friend had gone to bed and then stood in the shower and sprayed my legs and feet all over, right up to the panty line. I thought it would dry instantly but it didn't. I stood there waiting for it to but it was still wet so I stepped out into my slippers and walked into the front room.

I was just standing there like a div waiting for it to dry but I got tired of just standing so I put a towel on a chair and perched on the edge. An hour and a half later I was still waiting!!! It was still glistening and I dabbed it with my finger and it was definitely still wet. I was desperate to get to bed so in the end I sorted out a pair of pyjama trousers and put them on and went to bed!

When I got up in the morning I could have cried. I don't know if I just didn't spray it evenly or whether my pyjama trousers rubbed it off but the result is terrible. I have white patches, dark patches, stripes, streaks - it looks awful Blush

Luckily I can wear trousers to hide it. I've bought some special wipes from the Chemist but they didn't do much at all and I've tried lemon juice and that didn't do much either.

Anyone got any magic formula for getting rid of it? I haven't got a bath, only a shower so I can't even soak it off. Hardly anything came off in the shower :wacko:

Has anyone else ever had a tanning disaster?
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2005, 04:35 PM
As an Essex girl, of course i can help :pimp:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P41351

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
26-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Oooh Floops that looks just the job. Stupid girl in Boots didn't know what I meant and produced some little towelette things in foil sachets. 60p each and they don't work.

Do you think that stuff is available here in England as I see it is in the USA. I think I'd better go and do a UK Google and find out if they do stock it here.

Thankyou, thankyou xxxx
26-04-2005, 04:48 PM
you can buy it online here:

http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/epages/tig...PR,legcare

dunno how long delivery takes though.

Sephora have a branch in Bluewater, but no UK website - might be worth a telephone call though. Alternatively, why not try a local tanning salon?

:wink_kiss

Edit: Oops, it says for use up to 4 hours after application :wallbash:

Bollox to potplants
26-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh God you poor thing!
I remember the time I did something similar, but I was going on holiday the next day and was in a right panic over my streaky orange legs.
I got it off using toner and plenty of moisturiser.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2005, 04:51 PM
the only other thing I can think of is to exfoliate with a loofah, Crit, to encourage the top layers of skin to shed quicker.

Bollox to potplants
26-04-2005, 05:03 PM
I just noticed that about the 4 hour thing Floopy Sad But if I could go out and buy it I would give it a try.

Actually Bob, I was thinking of exfoliating with a brillo pad Sad

I found a website that tells you exactly how to get a good result - definitely not just stand in shower and spray on abandonly.

Seems I should have been exfoliating and moisturising for days before Sad

Hubby's suggestion is to rub me down with Swarfega! Might even give that a try Smile
26-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Oh Crit - bless, but :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I have only ever done this once and my only excuse was that I was a bit drunk. I did my legs one evening and forgot to wash my hands - and I could not for the love of Jobe get rid of it for days!!!!

I am sorry to laugh - but it was the time and effort to go into it that made me laugh, so much thought for such a pants result - what a bummer - but he he he!!Smile

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

26-04-2005, 05:08 PM
You could always try sandpaper Crit, for that all over pink colour.

The good news is it hasn't been particularly warm today so no need to don the mini skirt or cut off shorts just yet.

The odd thing is you can bet your life, if you put on fake tan and it covered beautifully, the first time you had a shower it would streak. It's one of those unwritten laws of life.
26-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Lol Girls, well I keep hearing that saying in my head "there's no fool like an old fool" Smile

I tend to be a bit impulsive to say the least. No forward planning here, just do it and then wonder why it didn't work :wacko:

Have a good laugh and don't apologise - I am laughing at myself :laugh:

If you don't see me around later I will be in the shower armed with loofah, brillo pads, swarfega, toner and moisturiser and anything else I can think of Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Stupid things you've bought PJ 39 2,921 16-09-2006 05:19 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  How stupid are you? floopy 20 2,036 16-08-2006 12:25 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Stupid things you do ... Critique 45 2,898 08-05-2006 01:17 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Do I feel stupid? maxine 18 2,367 19-10-2005 06:16 AM
Last Post: Coastie