Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've moved
01-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I've moved

Yay - I've finally moved house!! Hence why I haven't been around over the past few days (bet you didn't even miss me!) Wink

I hated the process of moving - didn't realise I had sooo much crap! I'm a terrible hoarder. We started on Saturday morning and managed to get everything into the house/garage/shed before it got dark. Only managed to get my pc up and running late yesterday!

The tv didn't work and the toilet wouldn't flush. The people we bought from didn't leave the house in a very good state. They took the box that powers the aerial so I've had to fork out £100 quid on that.

The house itself though is lovely... not sure if it's big enough mind. Loads is going up into the loft! I'm surrounded by boxes and can't see where everything is going to go. I think we'll be doing a few boot fairs soon!

We have a pond! They took the pump for the pond, and left us seven fish... which I don't really know how to look after. If they are anything like the tropical fish I've tried to raise they will be dead within a couple of weeks. :ohmy:

There is now just soo much to do ... don't have time to work.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2005, 02:47 PM
I've moved
Big congrats to you Mr Haydon..are we going to get to see any pictures?

That would be nice.

I had a pond once and dropped a tea bag in it. The gold fish had just had babies and they all turned out brown instead of orange. So no tea bags in the fish pond Haydon - thats my tip.
01-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I've moved
Congratulations H on finally moving, it has been a long time coming!!! And of course we missed you, how could we have not :wink_kiss

It is about 10 years since I moved and I have no intention of doing it again in a hurry, it is so stressful.....

I am sorry to hear that the previous owners left it in a bad way for you, but just you wait and see, before you know it with a bit of hard work you will have it just the way you want it!

Anyway I hope you will be very happy there!!!
01-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I've moved
[Image: NHCrit.jpg]

Got your priorities right though - right back online Smile
01-06-2005, 03:07 PM
I've moved
Congratulations on your move, Haydon! Hope you have many happy years in your new abode! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I've moved
I hope you and your new home will be very happy together. Congratulations.
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I've moved
When's the party, H?
01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I've moved
May you be very happy in your new home, Haydon. Smile
01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I've moved
[Image: houses.gif]

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW HOME

I hate moving too last did it seven years ago and don't intend to do it again.
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I've moved
Well done you H - for getting moved in, it is a stressful business isn't it?? No matter how much you plan and organise - it doesn't seem to help, it is just not a nice experience.

But when you go to a pretty house and you can see that eventually things will be all rosy round the doors - it isn't too bad afterall!!

I always make sure the wine cellar [who am I kidding the rack] is full up on moving - so at least when you are lounging around on millions of boxes you can always have a relaxing tipple or two out or Aunty Mary's vase, cos you can't find the glasses!!

Good Luck and Crongratulations H!!Tongue

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jeeeezzzusssss, haven't we moved on???? Groucho 56 4,227 01-09-2006 10:01 PM
Last Post: Fee For All