Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I wonder what everyone's doing now?
24-12-2005, 09:38 PM

I'm having a 5 min break from the kitchen. Turkey is roasted and looks good, made my sausagemeat onion and bacon stuffing balls and the first batch are out and second lot are in. Made my trifle to the sponge and jelly stage, just got the custard to do and the whipped topping to put on tomorrow. I can't put fruit in it because my son and grandson don't like it - but as they don't like Christmas pudding either (or anything with "bits" in Sad ) they will have trifle instead.

So... getting there.

I've had to do a lot tonight because I only have a small oven, plus I can usually rely on Mr. C for lots of help but as he's really feeling under the weather I've got a lot of it done tonight so I only have the veg to sort out in the morning.

We bought a new Freeview box because our other one kept packing up. This one had the top-up card slot and free connecton and first month's viewing. Bad move. Mr. C has been glued to the Discovery Channel all day. I wanted to watch all the Christmas "goo" but he's been determined not to let go of the remote and as it's Christmas and as he's usually at work and as he's not feeling well I have given in graciously. I've watched some of the Christmas stuff on the little TV in the kitchen while I've been working out there. Not been much on really from what I've seen.

I nagged grandson into the shower (but had no luck on the tidying of the room front) and he's happily watching a DVD in "his" bedroom. He's spending the night up here with us so his Dad can chill out :blink:

All in all, I'm relatively stress free at the moment. I'm sweating buckets but Mr. C is shivery so I can sweat on. Will go and have a shower once the last sausagemeat things are out and then I can put me jim-jams on and relax, knowing I'm winning Smile

What's everyone else doing? Having drinks with friends and family or rushing round the kitchen, or what, I wonder.
Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2005, 10:40 PM
'kin hell, Crit, my shopping is still in carriers on the dining room floor. I'm p!ssed - been next door playing (learning) poker because I bought them a set for Crimbo.

Had to sing 'It's Chico Time'to buy more chips. Am now going to attempt making a sherry trifle but will probably end up face first in it :w00t:

Yaaayyy!! It's Christmas.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
24-12-2005, 10:51 PM
I've just finished for the evening. Finished wrapping a few more pressies. I am still defrosting the Pork as I forgot about it lol.:blink: I have made my trifle to the jelly and sponge stage also Crit.:thumbsup: Have put the fruit out and had shower. I just now have to put some laundry away and go to bed. I am absolutely shattered. Oh, and I also have done the veg for tomorrow and it is sitting in covered saucepans in my porch ready for tomorrow. Big Grin

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2005, 10:54 PM
It is traditional that i get drunk on christmas eve - and tonight is no exception!
Turkey is cooked and there are plenty of provisions for nine tomorrow.
So everything is just dandy.
Have a good one all.
[Image: ornamentlighthead.jpg]

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
24-12-2005, 10:54 PM
You old Crimbo sot Fee!!!!:w00t:

We had buffet at a local restaraunt with hubby's family. No one fought!!!:blink: We had our pressies here before we went then did pressies over at thier house. Santa has to come tomorrow. The tooth fairy may come before that b/c Spence has a loose tooth!!!:w00t: I'm stuffed and miserable. I may lay down and appear to be reading and casually drop off to sleep!! Hope everyone has had fun!!!:wink_kiss

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
24-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Well the turkey is cooked and veg peeled in sealed bags in the fridge. Just had to dash to M-I-L as we call her at 9 each night to check she is ok and we couldn't get an answer. Kept calling every 10 mins till 9 30 in case she was in the loo, she is 90 and not so light on her feet anymore.

By then we were getting worried so fortunately Mr M had only had one drink and we drove over its only 6 miles so not too bad. To out great relief she was nodding in her chair and absolutely fine. It turns out the ring tone on her phone has given up the ghost although he phone works fine. Mr M will take our spare over tomorrow when he takes her christmas dinner.

Up until a few years ago she used to come for dinner but she doesn't like to leave her house now. So panic over had horrible visions of what we might find on the way over there.

Now time to unwind and have a little drink or three.
24-12-2005, 11:06 PM
LOL Fee, sounds like fun. I wonder if you've managed that sherry trifle or are you, at this very minute, either face down in it or sampling the sherry Wink

Tigger's probably in bed by now and also MSGirl (don't forget to send a message for the toothfairy just in case Wink ). Secrets is feeling no pain as they say Wink

I got stuck into watching Parkinson on TV but I'm going off for my shower in a minute (yeah finally prised the remote from Mr. C - I wish he'd go to bed like now Smile )

Have a good night everyone. xxxx
24-12-2005, 11:08 PM
mazwad Wrote:Well the turkey is cooked and veg peeled in sealed bags in the fridge. Just had to dash to M-I-L as we call her at 9 each night to check she is ok and we couldn't get an answer. Kept calling every 10 mins till 9 30 in case she was in the loo, she is 90 and not so light on her feet anymore.

By then we were getting worried so fortunately Mr M had only had one drink and we drove over its only 6 miles so not too bad. To out great relief she was nodding in her chair and absolutely fine. It turns out the ring tone on her phone has given up the ghost although he phone works fine. Mr M will take our spare over tomorrow when he takes her christmas dinner.

Up until a few years ago she used to come for dinner but she doesn't like to leave her house now. So panic over had horrible visions of what we might find on the way over there.

Now time to unwind and have a little drink or three.

Oh Hi there Mazz - you snook in there while I was posting.

Glad M-I-L is OK. You enjoy your little tipple, you've earned it. xxx
24-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Tigger's not in bed Crit. Tigger found two more pressies to wrap.:angry: I am on a wrapping strike as from now!:laugh: Next year I must try not to procrastinate wrapping until the last day.:blink: Anyway, I am off now and I hope everybody has a lovely day. Will try to pop on during the day, but who knows. Much love to everyone xxxxx :wink_kiss

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2005, 01:50 AM
I took a small nap and got up looking for my tummy medicine. I ate some nachos (cheese dip and tortilia crisps) before I laid down and the dairy was backing up on me!! I know better but didn't heed better!! So now I'm typing here and eating saltine crackers with ginger ale to keep from being :sick: . Y'all keep my mind off it...:cry:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure: