Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ian Huntley attacked with boiling water
15-09-2005, 04:58 PM

Child killer Ian Huntley has been attacked with boiling water by another inmate at the high security Wakefield Prison, in West Yorkshire.

Grimsby-born Huntley was attacked on Wednesday on the health care wing of the jail, which houses some of the most dangerous prisoners in the country.

(source BBC Website)

I think I can be confident in saying that it is a widely held belief that Ian Huntley is an evil evil man who deserves never to see the light of day ever again.

But my question regarding the above attack is what kind of hierachy to prisoners have? Obviously most, if not all of these men are dangerous criminals who have ruined lives or taken lives and yet they obviously see (or at least those who attacked Huntley) that their evil crime is less than Huntleys.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2005, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2005 05:13 PM by survivorfan.)
there seems to be a hierarchy in jail doesn't there, with child abusers at the bottom and always liable to attack. Seems to make the others feel that they're not so bad after all in comparison!

edit: I've just removed something I said about he crime - then I realised it was Ian Brady I was talking about!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
15-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh dear what a shame :laugh: unfortunately he will not be scarred and he is still alive unlike those little girls.
15-09-2005, 06:28 PM
mazwad Wrote:Oh dear what a shame :laugh: unfortunately he will not be scarred and he is still alive unlike those little girls.

yes but the point is what makes those evil people (evil cos they committed a crime and were in the dangerous criminals wing) who did this (a) right and (b) better than him?

A murderer is a murderer is a murderer in my book. But they seem to have a points system for who they killed and how they killed them. Just seems bizzarre to me.

And for the record I think it's wicked to be pleased that someone got deliberately scalded with boiling water. Surely being shocked and horrified that criminals are so wicked to each other is what makes us better people?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
15-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Dolores Wrote:And for the record I think it's wicked to be pleased that someone got deliberately scalded with boiling water. Surely being shocked and horrified that criminals are so wicked to each other is what makes us better people?

I do kind of agree with Dol here as Angela Cannings got abused and boiling water thrown over her for killing her babies, now we all know that she was innocent. Yes, with Huntley it is different as he did it and I do sometimes think what goes around comes around and he does deserve everything he gets but it does annoy me that as Dol has says that it is people who have murdered or killed and are murderers just the same. Yes, it was tragic that Holly & Jessica were killed, tragic that they were little girls but it is just as tragic if an adult who is someone's dad, husband, brother is murdered too.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
15-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Dolores Wrote:Child killer Ian Huntley has been attacked with boiling water by another inmate at the high security Wakefield Prison, in West Yorkshire.

Grimsby-born Huntley was attacked on Wednesday on the health care wing of the jail, which houses some of the most dangerous prisoners in the country.

(source BBC Website)

I think I can be confident in saying that it is a widely held belief that Ian Huntley is an evil evil man who deserves never to see the light of day ever again.

But my question regarding the above attack is what kind of hierachy to prisoners have? Obviously most, if not all of these men are dangerous criminals who have ruined lives or taken lives and yet they obviously see (or at least those who attacked Huntley) that their evil crime is less than Huntleys.

I also wonder what role the prison wardens play in this. Do they have their own opinions as to who, or whose crime, is the most evil and therefore turn a blind eye to such behaviour where they feel it is deserved?
15-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Dolores Wrote:yes but the point is what makes those evil people (evil cos they committed a crime and were in the dangerous criminals wing) who did this (a) right and (b) better than him?

A murderer is a murderer is a murderer in my book. But they seem to have a points system for who they killed and how they killed them. Just seems bizzarre to me.

And for the record I think it's wicked to be pleased that someone got deliberately scalded with boiling water. Surely being shocked and horrified that criminals are so wicked to each other is what makes us better people?

OK so I am wicked but I stand by what I said. I believe he shouldn't have been there in the first place as he should have been quietly put to sleep.

There will always be a heirarchy in prison as people want to believe someone else is worse than them and I do think the warders turn a blind eye to the goings on.

My first post was a gut reaction as it involved children but I woul feel the same if it was someone who had for instance beaten an old lady to death.

If it can be proved beyond any doubt I support the death penalty, sorry that has gone off topic a bit.
15-09-2005, 09:41 PM
mazwad Wrote:If it can be proved beyond any doubt I support the death penalty, sorry that has gone off topic a bit.

yes the death penalty is entirely different from the skewed take on justice that his cell mates had!

I don't think death sentence question is off topic here Maz ... it's perfectly valid and I think in the Ian Huntley and Ian Brady cases it always arises.

btw - I also strongly disagree with the death sentence, I'm afraid! Can't put it into words very well, but I just disagree with it. When I say that people often try to make me change my mind by saying "what if it was your child" ... the question is fair enough and I still don't think I'd want the death penalty. In my grief and hurt I'd want to rip the basterd limb from limb with my bear hands!!! But that's not justice that's something else.

15-09-2005, 09:42 PM
I always thought that the likes of Huntley were put on Rule 43 - the sectioned off part of prison were peadophiles, child killers and policemen and prison officers are put!! Yes policemen [and prison officers] are put amongst the scum of the earth even if it is for something minor [that obviously involves a prison sentance].

And they are put there to 'protect' them from the general and 'every day' murderer, criminal etc.

I am sure their are heirarchies, in fact I know there are heirarchies - but is this any different to 'real life'??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

15-09-2005, 09:44 PM
Flip Wrote:I am sure their are heirarchies, in fact I know there are heirarchies - but is this any different to 'real life'??

no it's not I suppose.

I just find it strange that in this case those that did this to Huntley obviously thought their evils were lesser than his.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ian Huntley floopy 16 2,288 07-10-2006 05:34 AM
Last Post: Joy