Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas & scripts needed!
13-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Ideas & scripts needed!

I know we have some very talented people here, not only those who can write wonderful stories etc - but also in the brains and imagination departments too.

I have been asked to put a 5 - 10 minute peice of 'theatre' together for me alone or me and 1 or 2 others to perform in the Autumn.

It is a tall order, I am happy to perform - but have no idea where to start to put something together.

The first thing I thought of was the Vagina Monologues - but I suspect I wouldn't be allowed to nick a bit of that for a short peice. And having said that I have never seen them performed - and really don't know much about them. And wonder whether that may be a bit too risque for the audience I am performing in front of.

I like the idea of a monologue of a sort [if it were me alone] - but how do I go about doing something for 2 or 3 people - can you buy scripts - can you 'get them' from libraries.

All I know is that I want it to be funny, and preferably about farming or the church - see anything other than that will go whoosh over their heads.

HELP!!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
Aww Flip, I've been watching this post and hoping somebody would come along and give some help and advice. I'm OK at writing from life but I lack the sort of imagination that it needs to do that. The only thing I can help with is that I am pretty sure you can borrow scripts from the library. I don't hold out much hopes of you getting what you want though. I think it's mostly classic plays and stuff for schools but you could try.

I'd love to be able to do it for you. Perhaps you could do a "Two Ronnies" type dialogue. There must be some talented people on here who could do something like that for you. I hope so, good luck.
13-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
Try parodies or fantasies on this site - you might get some rural ideas!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
13-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
Thanks Crit and Fee - Fee I checked out the site and LOL @ the Archers - there were some good links to the plays, but not the scripts for them. I shall hunt around on these to see if I can find anything, but thanks for that.

And Crit funny you should mention the 2 Ronnies - I would love to do some clever word play - like the 'Fork Handles' sort of thing. But am useless at clever word play - and like you I was really hoping Coastie or Dab would come back with an offer of an idea to play around with .... you never know they may be working on a masterpiece as we type??:wink2:

13-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
Well, Flip, I did think about saying you're welcome to use any section you like of A Blackbird Sings for a monologue. The first chapter, for example. But then I saw you want funny - and funny it ain't, of course. I'm not up to writing anything new at the moment, but if you decide it doesn't have to be funny you're more than welcome to use that. Sorry, not much help.
13-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
dab Wrote:Well, Flip, I did think about saying you're welcome to use any section you like of A Blackbird Sings for a monologue. The first chapter, for example. But then I saw you want funny - and funny it ain't, of course. I'm not up to writing anything new at the moment, but if you decide it doesn't have to be funny you're more than welcome to use that. Sorry, not much help.

Oh you are nearly, ever so, ever so nearly my knight in shining armour rushing in on a white charger Dab. Thank you very very very much for the offer of using a bit of 'A Blackbird Sings' - it is most beautiful and I feel I would have to portray a very ereatheral character ala Guinevere [ish] to recite this. But I would dearly like to bear this in mind.

I am sort of thinking funny as the audience are more likely to react to funny, my last foray onto the stage [the mart bullring] was a short play and was funny [unintentionally really] but it was great, and the audience loved it.

13-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
Funny always works!

what about accessing some of the goon show scripts..ok maybe thats too far out!

Im sure a lot of the 2 ronnies sketch scripts can be found online with some digging, failing that why not do what they did and re write some song lyrics?

OOOH just thought, what about a Monty Python sketch?

Have fun
M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
14-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Ideas & scripts needed!
I'd say...dig, dig, dig Flip...spend a bit of time searcghing and surfing on the inter-net...there's loads of stuff on there....

I only know about screenplays so can't be of anymore help than that.....

Noxie and Rob the Don may be able to help though! :wink2:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
14-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
Thanks for your suggestions guys - I wil do some digging and research. I did have a Monty Python moment Marmy - but wonder whether even that brand of comedy will go whoosh 20,000ft over their heads.

God I am painting a picture of a set of complete brainless numbskulls - which is not the case - but they are not worldy wise or even townly wise!!!

If anyone comes across anything in the future, or sees something that triggers off this thread - do get back to me - it would be much appreciated - thanks again though!!

14-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Ideas & scripts needed!
The Vicar Of Dibley!!

Apparently there is a book of scripts - http://www.sitcom.co.uk/vicar_dibley/buy.shtml

You can probably order it through the library!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any Ideas? Mars 13 12,270 15-01-2009 04:39 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  Chocolate Fountain - Help Needed! Bella 6 951 16-11-2006 04:09 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  PS2 repair help needed....... Patsy 6 895 27-05-2006 05:54 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Advice needed. bridge 21 1,870 24-05-2006 11:35 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Cleaning help needed- cat hairs wicker Bob 13 1,591 19-05-2006 10:37 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  Advice Needed Bella 33 2,542 29-01-2006 03:09 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Word Document Help Needed! Bella 9 1,212 06-10-2005 06:55 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  Need some ideas... Bella 10 1,021 16-08-2005 08:31 AM
Last Post: Bella
  Advice needed from peeps on the South Coast! Bella 24 2,461 06-08-2005 07:07 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Computer help needed! Bella 4 790 03-08-2005 03:36 PM
Last Post: Bella