Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you only see one film see this one!
12-02-2005, 09:41 PM

Okay.....I only have time to see one film before I leave Earth and return to my planet......what should I see?

Other than the obvious: 'The Usual Suspects' :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Coastie Wrote:Okay.....I only have time to see one film before I leave Earth and return to my planet......what should I see?

Other than the obvious: 'The Usual Suspects' :thumbsup:

Dazed and Confused. If you don't like the film you can always love the soundtrack - and vice versa....

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2005, 11:08 PM
The Sound of Music - how many eras can you cover with this film?

:boxing: Angel small steps lead to great things
15-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Either 'Chinatown' (very boring throughout, but a fabulous ending!)

or

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind :thumbsup:

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
16-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Mars Wrote:Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind :thumbsup:

I have to say I hated this film even though I wanted to like it. The other film, "Adaptation" I thought was fab.

19-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Mars - Totally agree with 'Chinatown' - I have a copy of the script as I think it's so cool!

Eternal Sunshine IMHO was absolute twaddle and wasted on me...I hate Jim Carey anyway but this was soooooo boring I struggled to keep my eyes open... :shocking:

Adaptation was good though!

Love the 'Sound of Music' - in fact I am going to Sing along a Sound of Music in May! :thumbsup:

Woodsy...have had a read of the sleve of Dazed and Confused....just might give ot a go! :naughty:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
19-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Mars! - I loved Eternal Sunshine, i thought it was absolutely stunning wiht amazing performances from Jim and Kate

Tonee! - i loved Adaptation too even more than ESOTSM i think, i just thought it was such a beautiful movie.

My one for you Coastie would be American Beauty....its my absolute fave movie, funny, sad, dark, hopeful and fulfilling all in one...a truly memorable movie

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Work is the curse of the drinking classes&quot;</span></span>
19-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Coastie Wrote:Love the 'Sound of Music' - in fact I am going to Sing along a Sound of Music in May! :thumbsup:

I have been to one of those, it was absolutely brilliant! My only regret was that I didn't dress up, there were some fantastic outfits when I was there. People dressed up as hills, plenty of curtain dresses, the bowing lady, one guy was dressed up as Spiderman as one the children, (think it was Kurt) went on to play him. You will love it!! Smile

Another musical I adore is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I must get this on DVD as I had it on tape along with another favourite The King and I but little Miss Abbie got her wee grubby hands on it and yanked the whole tape out of it's reel! :ohmy:

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
19-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Crystal Lights Wrote:Mars! - I loved Eternal Sunshine, i thought it was absolutely stunning wiht amazing performances from Jim and Kate

Tonee! - i loved Adaptation too even more than ESOTSM i think, i just thought it was such a beautiful movie.

My one for you Coastie would be American Beauty....its my absolute fave movie, funny, sad, dark, hopeful and fulfilling all in one...a truly memorable movie

I came out of the cinema and wanted to be sick and felt dizzy. It was an interesting idea, but not watchable.
19-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Becks Wrote:I came out of the cinema and wanted to be sick and felt dizzy. It was an interesting idea, but not watchable.
What movie were you sick at Becks?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What's the last film you watched? Coastie 1,335 86,367 02-03-2008 06:20 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  Bad film awareness Ziller 26 4,737 15-01-2007 12:44 PM
  How important is a film's soundtrack to you? PJ 15 3,025 08-01-2007 02:28 PM
  Film Wrongs... Coastie 13 2,663 10-09-2006 05:40 PM
  take out the "whats the last film you saw" thread IsLe Of WeAtHeR 6 1,339 19-07-2006 11:40 PM
Last Post: Groucho
  Parents 6 year behind Film club is open.. IsLe Of WeAtHeR 1 767 20-03-2006 09:31 AM
Last Post: IsLe Of WeAtHeR
  Why are women often represented in film roles via their sexuality?............ unique_c 46 6,327 25-01-2006 02:21 PM
Last Post: mikado
  What is the film? Bella 7 1,827 15-08-2005 06:58 PM
  Film reminders Dolores 7 2,081 24-04-2005 07:18 AM
  film quotes Woodstock 47 6,634 21-04-2005 06:36 PM
Last Post: Gelastic