Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigrants, Not Brits Must Adapt
27-09-2006, 11:06 AM

I received this via email today. What's your take on this subject and should it be 'promoted' in this way? Some people will no doubt regard it as racist - which is poppycock.

I agree with most of it to be honest.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITS MUST ADAPT.
>
> I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some
> individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on the 7th of the 7th
> we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.
>
> However, the disgust about the attacks had barely settled when the
> "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our
> patriotism was offending others.
>
> I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is
> seeking a better life by coming to Britain. Our population is almost entirely
> made up of descendants of immigrants, The Danes, Romans etc. However, there
> are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and
> apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of the Brits being a
> multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our
> national identity. As Britain's we have our own culture, our own society, our
> own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over
> centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who
> have sought freedom.
>
> We speak ENGLISH, not Indian, Urdu, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any
> other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn
> the language!
>
> "Land of Hope & Glory" is our motto. This is not some Christian, right wing,
> political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on
> Christian principles, founded this nation and this is clearly documented. It
> is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
>
> If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as
> your new home, because God is part of our culture.
>
> If the 'Union Jack' flag offends you, or you don't like our QUEEN, then you
> should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy
> with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how
> you did things where you came from.
>
> This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our Laws give every citizen
> the right to express his/her opinion and we will allow you every opportunity
> to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our
> flag, our lifestyle, our government or our way of life, I highly encourage you
> take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
>
> It is Time for Gt.Britain to Speak up.
>
> If you agree -- pass this along. If you don't agree -- delete it.
> AMEN
>
> I think if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also,
> sooner or later get back to the complainers.
>
> Lets all try,please.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2006, 11:39 AM
What a pile of xenophobic tripe.

I don't believe in god, should I leave the country? Should I get on a big bus along with any catholics, jews, baptists - basically anyone who's not Church of England?

Our 'culture' is what it is because of what invaders from other countries have brought us. Britons, left to their own devices would still be struggling with the concept of the wheel if it hadn't been for developments brought in with the romans, the normans and the vikings.

We'd have no language, no roads, irrigation, we'd be unable to write, we'd have no laws, no calendar, no names for the days of our week and we'd be eating a pretty bland diet. In fact our monarchy is a complete european mish mash of races and is no was intrinsically 'british'.

And what about the welsh and gaelic speakers? Are they not british citizens if they don't speak english?

We should celebrate the difference in the cultures of those around us and seek to gain and learn from them - they have so much to offer.

God I hate the british!

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
27-09-2006, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2006 12:21 PM by Bella.)
I don't agree with it all! As Floopy says what if you don't believe in God, do you have to leave?

There are people who would love to see the Royal Family go does that mean they should leave as well, I am talking British people who have been born & bred here.

Land of Hope & Glory is most certainly not my motto, never has been and never will be!

Quote:But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our
> flag, our lifestyle, our government or our way of life, I highly encourage you
> take advantage of one other great BRITISH freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
>

I would question who is doing the complaining, whinin and griping.....it would appear to me that the author is the one with a bee in his bonnet!

How many countries have Britain invaded and changed cultures in the past and present? You know what, I think it is time for some British to step down from the their high horses and stop spouting so much rubbish!!

I wouldn't view it as racist Haydon, but it is extremely arrogant!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
27-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Give our regards to the rest of the BNP Haydon.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
27-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I have the fortunate? experience of having experienced this on both sides. This is adapted from an email that was prominent throughout America after 9/11. My brother-in-law sent it over to us. As you all know (or maybe not) my husband is American and I lived over there for eight years. I found this, as an immigrant to America, very arrogant. Yet as I view it as a Brit, I don't feel the same way, parts of it what me to say that "yeah I agree. Parts of it are very arrogant and lack tolerance. Whilst I agree with certain parts there are others that just make me cringe for someone who maybe an immigrant reading it. We have to be careful as Brits that we don't fall into the trap of what is called 'American arrogance'.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
27-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Quote:If the 'Union Jack' flag offends you, or you don't like our QUEEN, then you
> should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy
> with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how
> you did things where you came from.

The more I read this the angrier I get - if you like OUR QUEEN, you should move to another planet! Why should you like the queen? To be honest I have real issue with the Royal Family, I think the Queen is probably ok but the rest of them pee me off and the most arrogant of them all was the Queen Mother! Who is the "we" they keep referring to?

And I find it extremely insulting that "we" don't really care about how other people do things in their country. I find it fasicinating people meeting people from other cultures and finding out how they do things in their country - we live a huge world, is Britain really so arrogant to think that nobody else matters but them.

I would love to send it back to the person who originated it and stick it up where the sun don't shine!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
27-09-2006, 12:49 PM
It reads like it was written by an English person who thinks the whole of Britain is an extension of their own little world.

I agree with some of the points made - that immigrants should make an effort to learn English and to adapt to the prevailing culture here. However the tone of this diabtribe is so them-and-us ("them" being the whiney foreigners and "us" being the put-upon Brits) that it does look borderline racist to me.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
27-09-2006, 01:55 PM
survivorfan Wrote:Give our regards to the rest of the BNP Haydon.
hehe - umm no.

Don't you think that the situation in this country is getting a bit out of hand though? Don't you think that immigrants should speak English? Don't you think we should be able to put up a Union or St. George flag without it offending immigrants?

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
27-09-2006, 02:35 PM
What's that saying about "When in Rome".

I myself come from throwback Immigrant stock, although my mother and myself were born in Britain but this little island is going to sink into the sea very soon I am afraid.
27-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Haydon Wrote:hehe - umm no.

Don't you think that the situation in this country is getting a bit out of hand though? Don't you think that immigrants should speak English? Don't you think we should be able to put up a Union or St. George flag without it offending immigrants?

Yes and I think our kids should be able to have Nativity Plays and we should be allowed to say Merry Christmas and not "happy holidays" and carry on with all our country's traditions without fear of upsetting anyone.

Does that make me racist?