Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inexplicable cat behaviour
16-09-2005, 10:41 AM

Any cat experts out there? Do you know anything about cat psychology? Out cat Harry is behaving a bit - odd - what does it mean?

He has always been a bit of a loner, staying out most of the day and night, treating the house like a hotel, just turning up for meals then bu99ering off again.

the last couple of weeks he has become super friendly. Climbing on top of us, purring, wanting to be petted, all very nice but out of character.

Three days ago I was in the garden and he came up to me and stated miaowing loudly as if he wanted something, which he never does. I followed him into the house and he ran upstairs, so I went back out. Two minutes later he was out agin, miaowing. So I followed him in and upstirs, he went into our bedroom, got under the bed and squeezed into an under bed clothes drawer where he started purring very happily.

since then he has been repeating this odd behaviour countless times. He will come up to me and not leave me alone with his miaowing, until I walk towards the hallway, he goes to the top of the stairs, looks at me until I come up, then he gets in the drawer.

Should I have him put down?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2005, 10:49 AM
survivorfan Wrote:Should I have him put down?

Oh no, SF! How old is he?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2005, 10:51 AM

You cruel man :ohmy:

He is just settling in with you - thats all. Maybe the first few months he was investigating his new surrounding, impregnating a few girlies, and generally living the life of a feral batchelor.

But now he has decided that the time has come to show you, his loving owners, what a soft superstar he is.

Give him all the love he needs. He will then become a lap cat full time.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Bella Wrote:Oh no, SF! How old is he?

That was a joke Bella. he's 8.

16-09-2005, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2005 10:59 AM by survivorfan.)
Bonsai Wrote:You cruel man :ohmy:

He is just settling in with you - thats all. Maybe the first few months he was investigating his new surrounding, impregnating a few girlies, and generally living the life of a feral batchelor.

But now he has decided that the time has come to show you, his loving owners, what a soft superstar he is.

Give him all the love he needs. He will then become a lap cat full time.

what's this drawer stuff all about? It's like he won't climb in by himself, I have to go upstairs with him and watch him get in.

Here's him just now

16-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Awww, he is gorgeous! Maybe he just likes your pink lacy knickers! :naughty: He might be after a lady friend!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-09-2005, 11:31 AM
that's most peculiar alright sf. [nice looking cat btw, if you like that kind of thing :laugh:]

Have you checked the contents of your drawers [oo er missus] in case he's left you a 'gift' in there? Dead mouse, bird, etc?

just a thought...

bam bam
16-09-2005, 12:21 PM
hes a gorgeous looking fella - bit like yourself SF :wink_kiss

are you sure he is male????? :w00t:

the behaviour you describe is just how my b1atch, sorry, cat, behaved - she went from being a dirty ho walking the streets and staying out all hours to being a stay at home moggie trying to find a secure dark place to hide, it was shortly after that I discovered I was going to be a grannie as the strumpet had got herself preggers :shocking:

I had to move the bed so she couldnt get in the cupboard bit in the base, as I was terrified she would give birth in there!!!

As he is now 8, maybe he has "discovered" himself, perhaps he has homosexual tendancies like my mate's cat Bruce Lee - he is a raging queen....AND he is the IMAGE of your boy :w00t:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
16-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Isis Wrote:are you sure he is male????? :w00t:

the behaviour you describe is just how my b1atch, sorry, cat, behaved - she went from being a dirty ho walking the streets and staying out all hours to being a stay at home moggie trying to find a secure dark place to hide, it was shortly after that I discovered I was going to be a grannie as the strumpet had got herself preggers :shocking:

I was just going to say the same thing.
He's doing all the classic things a new cat mum would do.
Unless like Tigereye say's and he's brought in a catch of his and wants to show it off to you.

[Image: 429.gif]
16-09-2005, 05:19 PM

yes :devil:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Childish behaviour Gelastic 27 1,522 22-04-2005 01:26 PM
Last Post: Cockney