Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inflight entertainment
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2008 02:50 PM by Slipper.)
Inflight entertainment

I'm starting to think I should get some wings. In the last 5 months I've done rather a lot of flying and have a shed-load more to do over the rest of this year (just about all being long-haul).

I've joined that brigade who just ignore the inflight entertainment as it's just rubbish but I did get quite a shock this week (4 flights in 7days - 3 of which were medium to long haul). Delta not only charge you for headphones (I take my own) but they also charge you to watch a film or regular TV... WTF!?!?!?

That's one airline scrubbed off the list

What gets your goat about flying?

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Inflight entertainment
I once sat through an episode of Trinny and Susannah on the way back from holiday.

It was the most depressing time of my life.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Inflight entertainment
I spend my flights in a delicious haze of gargle and mother's little helpers so the only thing that gets my goat is the nerves and insomnia for the days before flying.

bam bam
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Inflight entertainment
Tigereye Wrote:I spend my flights in a delicious haze of gargle and mother's little helpers so the only thing that gets my goat is the nerves and insomnia for the days before flying.

Mmmm OK !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...eroin.html

Unfortunately I often can't drink on a flight as I'm going straight to the office and we have a zero policy so that make the flights a pain. However last night I had a bottle of champers & bottle of red wine. Went out like a light for about 4hrs. Trouble was it was a 9½hr flight heading East which is one of the worse.

01-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Inflight entertainment
Slipper Wrote:I'm starting to think I should get some wings. In the last 5 months I've done rather a lot of flying and have a shed-load more to do over the rest of this year (just about all being long-haul).

I've joined that brigade who just ignore the inflight entertainment as it's just rubbish but I did get quite a shock this week (4 flights in 7days - 3 of which were medium to long haul). Delta not only charge you for headphones (I take my own) but they also charge you to watch a film or regular TV... WTF!?!?!?

That's one airline scrubbed off the list

What gets your goat about flying?

Not much gets my goat about flying, but I'm not surprised to hear that Delta have started to charge for inflight entertainment. I've noticed that more and more airlines are going down the "no frills" route. Only they're not necessarily charging no frills prices for the seats.

One thing that does bug me though is the climate control on flights. It's never right. It's either set to arctic, or really stuffy. I learnt long ago to wear layers of clothing that can be removed or added as necessary.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Inflight entertainment
karenh Wrote:One thing that does bug me though is the climate control on flights. It's never right. It's either set to arctic, or really stuffy. I learnt long ago to wear layers of clothing that can be removed or added as necessary.

You weren't the rather cute young lady next to me last night were you? She was constantly changing her clothes/layers.

Have to agree though. My last trip back from Tokyo had me switching with three blankets and I ended up with almost no voice when I got home.

:ill:

01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Inflight entertainment
Slipper Wrote:What gets your goat about flying?

The stupid mini bottles of booze. I just want a proper bottle :wine:
01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Inflight entertainment
Seabreeze Wrote:The stupid mini bottles of booze. I just want a proper bottle :wine:

Try flying from Orkney to Aberdeen - they pour your drink out of proper sized bottles - and they don't use a measureBig Grin

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
04-10-2008, 01:28 AM
Inflight entertainment
I think children should travel in the hold.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
05-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Inflight entertainment
Fee For All Wrote:I think children should travel in the hold.

Now that would go a long way towards making flying almost bearable!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?