Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ink....Jeans....help!
28-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Ink....Jeans....help!

Hey folks.....so I went Scottish dancing tonight (which I must say was fun), but I had a pen in my pocket and it leaked while dancing...and now I have a good size ink stain on my favorite pair of jeans ever..lol....any of you know of any ways of getting the ink out of my trousers (see, I'm learning to use British terms here! I almost said pants. lol...then I remembered what pants means here. haha)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Ink....Jeans....help!
It doesn't sound good IM.

You better rub some soap in the stain and soak them in cold water overnight for now.

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
Find all posts by this user
28-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Ink....Jeans....help!
Haven't a clue - but this might help!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
29-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Ink....Jeans....help!
Fee, you just have a site for everything!!! :laugh:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
29-09-2005, 06:03 AM
Ink....Jeans....help!
IM - I wouldn't worry about it, Jeans are a fashion statement and can be adapted to your own personality (I'm not saying that your personality is stained, but you can see where I am coming from). If you can't get the stain out I would take the same pen and splosh some artistically placed stained around the legs, not too many.

I have a lovely lilac crochet cardy that got stained with bleach on the cuff so I dipped both cuffs into a bowl of bleach to get an even effect - it looks good.

Actually bleaching is a good idea if you would rather have a lighter stain, go over it with bleach then splash around elsewhere - over the jeans I mean, not willy nilly around the room.

But what ever you do wear them with pride and people will respect you.
29-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Ink....Jeans....help!
And if all elese fails IM - stick a patch over the stain - I am sure that patches just have to come back into fashion soon - they have been out for so long ... good luck, and so many LOL's at you Scottish Dancing [not at you dancing per sae, just your enthusiasm it stirs me up to do more].

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

29-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Ink....Jeans....help!
Are not jeans with rips in 'in' at the moment?
The kids have gone to great expense lately to buy only jeans with numerous rends in them.
Get the scissors out IM. :devil:

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
29-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Ink....Jeans....help!
Use Soy Sauce IM ... I know it works cos I saw it in Thoroughly Modern Millie and no film with Julie Andrews in would tell a lie.

Let me know the results!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
29-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Ink....Jeans....help!
Simple. Spray it with hairspray, the cheaper the better and then an ordinary wash. It will disappear totally. Works every time as long as the ink is not permanent ink. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
29-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Ink....Jeans....help!
tigger767 Wrote:Simple. Spray it with hairspray, the cheaper the better and then an ordinary wash. It will disappear totally. Works every time as long as the ink is not permanent ink. Smile

Thanks...I used this method and it helped a little bit....but then I used dishsoap and that got the rest of it out.

Anyways, thanks all for the suggestions...they were all lovely...and I'm sure I would have went for the patch or ripped look had the stain not come out!! Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help needed with jeans! Marmoset 18 739 19-04-2005 02:58 PM
Last Post: Coastie