Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interactive TV
05-12-2004, 01:25 AM
Interactive TV

I was watching the telly earlier today and the announcer said "welcome to an evening or interactive TV".

Sure enough the evening kicked off with 'Record of the year'. The public ring in and vote for their favourite.

Following that was X-factor. The public ring in and vote for their favourite.

Finally we have I'm A Celeb. You guessed it, the public ring in and vote for their favourite.

These are just the examples on ITV. On the same evening a scan through the TV pages reveals 'Can't Sing Singers' and 'Strictly Come Dancing', I think both of these also rely on the public phoning in.

Does anyone else think that the production companies are relying too heavily on the public's seemingly bottomless pockets? We already have to sit through the adverts and pay a licence fee!

Apparently even daytime cooking programs have resorted to a phone in for the viwers to vote for their favourite recipes. Where is it going to end?

Good evening. My name is Huw Edwards.
This is the ten o' clock news.
Tonight we have two main stories.
1) The fighting in Iraq continues as more soldiers die in suicide attacks.
OR
2) Jordan and Peter Andre duet on their latest release 'Get yer tits out for the lads'

If you want to hear story 1 call this number blah blah or text vote...
If you want to hear story 2 call this number blah blah or text vote...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2004, 11:19 AM
Interactive TV
Nox Wrote:Does anyone else think that the production companies are relying too heavily on the public's seemingly bottomless pockets? We already have to sit through the adverts and pay a licence fee!
YES I DO!
The only reality TV show that I have voted for is strictly come dancing and I vote once each week and all the money goes to children in need. I don't agree with multiple voting as it is unfair but I know that this is how the TV companies make their money. For charitable shows such as strictly come dancing I wouldn’t begrudge ringing up a few more times to raise a bit more cash but would be happy if they only counted one vote from each household. I think I went a bit:offtopic: there back on topic, TOO MUCH interaction. Let the experts be what they are paid to be, I loved the fact that the recent Musicality (which was outstanding BTW) was there just to be enjoyed by the viewers, no phone ins on who we though was best just sit back and be entertained.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Interactive TV
Nox Wrote:I was watching the telly earlier today and the announcer said "welcome to an evening or interactive TV".

Sure enough the evening kicked off with 'Record of the year'. The public ring in and vote for their favourite.

Following that was X-factor. The public ring in and vote for their favourite.

Finally we have I'm A Celeb. You guessed it, the public ring in and vote for their favourite.

These are just the examples on ITV. On the same evening a scan through the TV pages reveals 'Can't Sing Singers' and 'Strictly Come Dancing', I think both of these also rely on the public phoning in.

Does anyone else think that the production companies are relying too heavily on the public's seemingly bottomless pockets? We already have to sit through the adverts and pay a licence fee!

Apparently even daytime cooking programs have resorted to a phone in for the viwers to vote for their favourite recipes. Where is it going to end?

Good evening. My name is Huw Edwards.
This is the ten o' clock news.
Tonight we have two main stories.
1) The fighting in Iraq continues as more soldiers die in suicide attacks.
OR
2) Jordan and Peter Andre duet on their latest release 'Get yer tits out for the lads'

If you want to hear story 1 call this number blah blah or text vote...
If you want to hear story 2 call this number blah blah or text vote...
What was the number for Story 2? Wink

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
Find all posts by this user