Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intriguing Story
13-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Intriguing Story

This one has the makings of an agatha Christie whodunnit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6142526.stm

I shall be following the story avidly.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Intriguing Story
Happens more often than you'd think SF...

We had a missing truck driver once...His truck was there onboard the ferry he was no where to be found...a full search was mounted and much time was spent before another truck driver found the missing guy asleep in his bunk within his cab as he went to depart the ferry! :wallbash: :evilmad:

These two women were either part of a suicide pact or got another ride off the ferry...mind you it has always been said that if you wanted to murder someone and make it look like an accident a boat and a large area of sea can be very useful! :unsure: :shocking:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Intriguing Story
It's now saying it was a man and a woman, makes it a bit less intriguing, but I'm still watching quite avidly.

13-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Intriguing Story
I agree it is intriguing and baffling ... but to be honest as they have both turned up in Belgium I don't expect a lot more coverage of the case. But who knows a zealous reporter might be on the case as we speak!
13-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Intriguing Story
Oh they turned up? Rats.

13-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Intriguing Story
Eeeek, wonder how much the bill was for the rescue operation that never really was! I believe 2 helicopters and boats were set out as soon as they were reported missing! Someone is going to be rather embarrassed!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
14-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Intriguing Story
What a waste of money and resources - i think they should have to pay for having such a fuss made about them. Cause how hard is it to say to one of the others on the boat 'byw, i won't be back.' ???
14-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Intriguing Story
I can't really understand why they would get off at a ferry port and not get on the bus? ferry ports are very busy, large and miles from anywhere!

mind you with Eurobus I wouldn't be surprised if the bus moved position on teh way over and they didn't know where it was!!!

many years ago when I lived in Germany I travelled back to the UK on my own for a holiday via Eurobus, got off at Zeebrugge for the ferry to the UK. On my return I went to wait where I'd got off the bus and it was nowhere to be seen. I waited and wandered and eventually saw the bus disappearing up the autobahn (sans moi!!!). It had gone to a different location. I had to phone my friend cos my mum and dad didn't have a phone and there were no such thing as mobiles in those days! They had to drive about 70 miles to come and collect me - my dad had a massive hangover and had got in at about 3am that morning and for some bizzare reason spent the night asleep in the bath - my mum was fuming with him, I was very upset and my dad was probably in more pain that he dared complain about.

.... AND YET EUROBUS DIDNT' SEND OUT A SEARCH PARTY FOR ME DID THEY!!!!
20-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Intriguing Story
The two missing people got off at and earlier port and a member of the public drove them to their car...the stupid people didn't think to tell their bus driver and so he had to alert the Captian of the ferry to the fact that two of his passengers were missing...like I have said it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened and I doubt it will be the last...:angry:

Dol...If I had know I would have looked for ya...I would have sent my best helicopter crew with a the dishiest winchman...actually there's only one that could be called remotely totty...and they would locate you and whisk you away...:thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Intriguing Story
But SF & Coastie,

The really important question is.....

What are these people doing for Christmas?????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unintentionally funny BBC news story Seabreeze 9 1,034 22-02-2007 10:29 AM
Last Post: Slipper
  Divers fake survival story Groucho 3 723 10-09-2006 01:40 PM
Last Post: Dolores