Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Everyone Ready?
22-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Is Everyone Ready?

Christmas is now knocking on the door with only 32 days till the big day.

My cards are all written and waiting to be posted, my presents are all wrapped and waiting to be put under the tree.

Decorations are out of the loft and the lights have been checked out and some new decs have been purchased

I have all the chocs and nibbles in and the stuffing, apple sauce, pigs in blankets, and the crackers. All I need now in the meat and all the fresh food nearer the time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Is Everyone Ready?
How can I put this politely........

bam bam
22-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
Pigs in blankets ???

Lost

32 days to go you say... So I don't need to worry for another 30 then. Xmas eve gives me plenty of time

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
22-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
Hello Seabreeze,

Gosh you are so like me to organised.

Do you often wonder if its worth it?

As I get older I've become very cynical about the whole christmas thing.

Maureen
Northern Angel.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
22-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
No, Im not ready, but im getting there.

I like to be organised if at all possible. I find christmas, and all the pomp and ceremony a little stressful - so trying to get the shopping / wrapping etc done early helps.

I have most of my christmas pressies. I have just taken order (its on my desk) of a nice 3 bottle wine set for my sister and her husband. It has a bottle of champage, a bottle of red, and a bottle of white in it. She should like it.

My mums pressie - a steiff (is that how you spell it) teddy bear came yesterday. I had a specially designed scarf put on it with mum's name which she should like. She is a steiff teddy collector.

I just need to buy my nephews gift, and then get some stocking fillers ... and im done.

I bought my turkey this month 1/2 price, so thats in the freezer. I just need to get lots of nice cheeses, pickles, biscuits selections (for the cheese) and CHOCOLATE - and ill be done.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
At the risk of repeating myself annually, I hate Christmas. I despise anyone who puts up decorations before December and merely tolerate those who get all their shopping done by the end of November.

Anyone who even contemplates buying tinsel should be shot.

Hum-friggin-bug.
22-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
I'm pretty much there. Thankfully, I managed to get all my shopping done before I broke my foot. And it's not only all bought, but wrapped too! And now that I am forced to be at home for 3 weeks, I'm thinking about writing the Christmas cards and getting that out of the way because right now, I have nothing better to do.

Yup, I'm ready.
22-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
Freak

22-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
I would love to wrap my pressies Xmas eve ... as it gets me into the spirit of christmas. But, a lot of my family still live 'up north' and my dad does the Christmas run of pressies and cards on or around the 6th Dec. So that means i need to have bought, wrapped and done the cards for about 1/3rd of my family.

Plus, i dont see my sister and her kids, so i need to get their presents wrapped and cards done by mid Dec as again ..... poor dad does the 'sister run' and needs everything before he goes. So - it all gets a bit hectic.

Once they are out the way, I just have mum and dad .... and the animals pressies to wrap. Which is a shame.

I kind of peek too early for christmas. Im excited now, and up until mid december. Then i get bored. By the time the day arrives, im soooooo over it :unsure:

I perk up again Boxing Day.

Plus - i have to work between Christmas and New Year. I normally work just one day, and my colleague worked two (she hates christmas). but now she has gone .... muggin's here has to do the whole blummin lot :evilmad:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
22-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Is Everyone Ready?
I've done nothing - it's still November for Pete's sake!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How ready are you for Christmas? Northern angel 24 1,415 17-11-2006 05:54 PM
Last Post: Northern angel