Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is IAC running out of steam - and "celebs"?
28-11-2004, 02:09 PM

I've not see much of the current run. Why? Because frankly I'd never heard of most of the contestants.

I knew that Joe Pinkwillie was a squeaky-voiced comedian, I knew Huggy Bear used to play a pimp in a '70s cop series, and I new, of course, that Janey Street-Plonker was the driving force behind Yoof TV, and the former head of that hugely un-successful cable TV company which everyone remembers, mainly because of the "Trouble At The Top" documentary which followed her progress. Er, what was it called again?

But I dunno. What a bunch of whining sad sacks they are. Natalie's bottom must be looking like a blood-orange, the amount of times she appears to have cacked her pants over her latest crisis or other. I saw the sequence when she virtually refused to eat anything in the bush-tucker challenge, er, hey Nat, didn't you actually see any of the previous shows? They don't serve up pizza on a regular basis - not unless it's covered in maggots.

But really, there's no-one there with any real charisma, is there? Janet SP at least speaks her mind and makes rather a good Mrs Meldrew, and I suspect the scrawny old boiler is the toughest one of them all. I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of those gnashers.

So, I'm wondering, has the series started to flag? Tedious guests (and King of them all has to be Vic Reeves...yawn...)

Pant & Dick looking increasingly desperate, and completely over-milking the koala bear gag (please someone, BBQ that bear...) and really, we viewers sitting there not really caring about any of the celebs because they are so up their own bottoms - or just dead boring.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Normal I have had a crappy day thus far and you have just made me feel so much better.
What took you so long.
Oh Normal, i think there is a thread with a hint of a non celeb get me out as the next move to keep us all viewing.
28-11-2004, 06:01 PM
Actually Norms, I thought the same as you - until I watched it.

I am enjoying this series more than any of the others so far.

As soon as you watch it you get to "know" them and they are all extremely entertaining (with the possible exception of Huggy Bear).

The whole thing has been utterly unmissable so I would give it a go if I were you!
28-11-2004, 06:11 PM
I know where you are coming from Norm, butI have to agree with Ceridwen.

I didn't bother to watch the first couple of IAC episodes from this series, as the celebs were almost unknown to me. But really, they are no more or less well known than most of the other people on previous series (E.g. Jennie Bond, Catalina pouty lips, Phil Tuffnell etc. - I'd never heard of any of them before IAC.) And most of the previous series I've been able to take or leave.

But this show is really drawing me in. There is a weirdly compelling group dynamic this year which make it compulsive. In a way, this show is closer to Survivor than than any previous IAC show has been, with the bitchiness, tactics etc.

Give it a chance norm. I'm sure you'll get into it!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
28-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Norm I don't care a jot what you think - just glad to see you back!!

However Nat's ass and blood oranges???????? :sick:
28-11-2004, 11:48 PM
I was beginning to wonder where on earth you'd got to N1. It's great to see you back and on top form as usual.

I hadn't heard of several of them either, but regardless of whether they'r a or z-listers, their egos remain the same. I think it's a good mix of personalities. JSP, Joe, Paul, Natalie - they're all worlds apart and it's interesting to see how they cope in such a clostrophobic environment.

It's not just the people you like that make it entertaining, it's the people you don't like too. Although the general concensus is that Natalie is an overpaid, overemotional, underweight whinger, she still provides a lot of the entertainment and is a constant talking point.
29-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Flip Wrote:Norm I don't care a jot what you think - just glad to see you back!!

However Nat's ass and blood oranges???????? :sick:

I think you probably have to have seen one to understand it.....

You can sort of replicate what I mean by...

1/Eating a Vindaloo.

2/ After the worst, searingly lava-like effects have passed through, get a small mirror and... no... you don't really want to know the rest.

Anyway, I watched most of last night's show, and, coming to it fairly cold, am still of the view that most of them have about as much charisma as a bucket full of fungal-infected toenail scrapings.

From what I can remember...

Hugster: Nice enough dude, oh, how I wish he'd sidle up to Janet SP and, reverting to his 70s TV persona say to her: "Yo, ma bitch: clean dis camp!"
Her response really would be worth recording....with a seismometer.

Planet-Janet: I know she's a bigger pain in the ar*e that sitting on a bike without a saddle, but I like her. She has mouth which looks like it's had a piano keyboard rammed into it sideways, and her wrinkly neck wouldn't look out of place on a price xmas turkey. Her voice sounds like the noise a tomcat makes when it's been rummaging around the bins and gets a kipper bone stuck in its throat, and swears like a sailor on shore leave. BUT she's got a brain, she makes her self handy in the camp, and she's got a great line in put-downs. She's my winner...but I'm not sure the GBP have quite warmed to her.

Joe Pukewillie. Well, he seems nice enough. He's the sort of bloke who's door you'd knock on if you needed some sugar. You just know he'd offer you some hob-nobs too. And I reckon the public like him. I just want...soooo badly...want him to blow his top and tell them what a useless load of spoilt, wingeing f***-pigs they are! Hearing him blow his stack, with that little squeaky rat-like voice would be sublime.

Vic. Trying to be nice. But really, there's always something about him which has made my dinner come back faster than Rolf Harris's boomerang. Wish he'd quietly wander off and get eaten by a rather large crocodile.

Vic's missis. If I see them swapping spit once more I am going to heave. She's got a tongue like an iguana but I really don't want to watch her shove it down Vic's mangy throat. Not impressed by her silly performance on the high wire with the butler.

Jeeves. I love the way JSP won't let him forget that, really, he's just a jumped up butler. In any other life he's still be fawning about, yanking on his forelock and serving G & Ts. But he got lucky, and became Di's "rock", and boy, has he milked it. Everyone in the camp should snap their fingers at him whenever he appears and demand a tray of early grey and biscuits. I'm sure he's a nice bloke and all that, and he's trying...bless...but I haven't really warmed to him.

Sheila the singer: Phew, I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her...I bet she could rip the hide off a rhino with that tongue of hers...would love to see her have a bust-up with the ex model.

Ex model person. You know, I can't even remember her name...yes she can eat a testicle, but I've seen nicer personalities in a chicken shed full of rats. She's so up her own bottom that I am surprised she doesn't shuffle around like some sort of mutant crab all the time. GBP: do the right thing! GET HER OUT!

Other bloke. Can't remember his name, but he's so dull he's a bit like that Predator in the Arnie movie, he simply becomes invisible..who is he??

Nat: Bye. Get a job in Tescos...it's a lot easier than being a fading celeb.
29-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaah thats what I call a post!
29-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Very nicely put Norm :laugh:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
29-11-2004, 10:56 PM
YEAHHH Good one Normal1, I will even overlook you calling Joe, Pukewillie (just this once mind).

PS. Next time, dab on a bit of sudocream, its marvelous.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Celebs will have to eat kangaroo bits Haydon_acc2 38 7,711 24-09-2005 08:02 PM
Last Post: Cat
  What celebs would u like to c next year? claire 20 4,239 16-12-2004 12:54 PM
Last Post: bridge
  Celebs are in the jungle already... tpt 5 1,338 21-11-2004 06:07 PM
Last Post: Pandora
  Line up confirmed? - Are these the celebs going Haydon_acc2 41 9,582 16-11-2004 09:42 PM
Last Post: Andrea
  More Confirmed Celebs Haydon_acc2 35 7,907 08-11-2004 07:40 PM
Last Post: Cat
  Jungle Celebs In For Shocks Haydon_acc2 7 1,962 05-11-2004 10:39 PM
Last Post: Pandora