Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Too Hot?
19-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Is It Too Hot?

The last few nights have been awfully hot, no breeze or coolness anywhere. As a result of the heat I have left an electric fan running for two nights on the trot now and in addition had the windows open. I don't even know if these things are safe to leave running.

The night before last was so stifling I had an asthma spasm at 4 in the morning, which did not help at all yesterday. They are frightening and this one caught me unawares, as it has been a good three years, since I have had any trouble with my asthma at all. I put it down to the heat which is verging on a 100 fahrenheit in the shade and rising. This is about 20 fahrenheit to hot for me.

Today, when I woke and all my sinuses feel completely blocked and I have resorted to sucking catarrh pastilles in an attempt to keep my airways clear and open. I do have medications thank god, but don't want to accustomise myself to much in case I need them for anything more severe. I am going to visit the Dr's on Friday if not before as with going away this weekend, I don't want to get caught short in Ireland, with so much work to finish and a relaxing break to enjoy at the same time. I'm hoping the heat and the asthma do not mar what promises to be a lovely time over the next three weeks.

I am a little worried and hope we have a good thunderstorm soon, just to clear the air. It would be nice for a little rain during the night, but no such luck yet.

Does anyone else feel that it is to hot?

Maureen
Nothern angel.:unsure:

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Is It Too Hot?
Northern angel Wrote:The last few nights have been awfully hot, no breeze or coolness anywhere. As a result of the heat I have left an electric fan running for two nights on the trot now and in addition had the windows open. I don't even know if these things are safe to leave running.

Does anyone else feel that it is to hot?

Maureen
Nothern angel.:unsure:

Don't worry Mau,

me and Hubby have had two fans running constantly for the past week, one in kiddies room and one in our room, none of us can sleep otherwise!!!! IT'S HOT. hope your asthma gets better soon.

I WANT AIR CONDITIONING !!!!!!!!

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.
Benjamin Disraeli

[Image: ake.gif]
20-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Is It Too Hot?
Yes, it bloody is!! :surrender:

...Woodstock is a winter person.:cool2:

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
20-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Is It Too Hot?
Thank you Bridge,

Well it is still hot, but not so humid today the rain this morning and last night has helped. Last night I was full of energy, so I cut the grass at the caravan, sprayed weedkiller on the weeds growing between the pavings and set up a watereing system for my plants as I don't want them dying during the time I'll be away.

Maureen
Northern angel.:rain: Some more please tonight.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
20-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Is It Too Hot?
Only if you have to work in it.
21-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Is It Too Hot?
I'm tellin' ya, you people would DIE over here!!! I don't know of anyone WITHOUT a/c...I can't comprehend NOT having it!!! And the humidity is not near as bad as it is down home...only 350 miles south!!! There, it's a/c plus a couple of cool showers a day or laying in the yard under the sprinkler!!!Cool

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
21-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Is It Too Hot?
Air conditioning would be wonderful.

I have to say im more of a winter person as i love snuggling into jumpers in front of the fire. I like the summer, but im a little bored with this heat now.

I wish we had air con at work as im steadily melting. I cant concentrate when im too hot. I typed a letter yesterday, and normally my work goes to the boss perfect - but yesterday there were spelling error galore PLUS i spelt the clients name wrong !!!

At home im existing on salads for dinner because i cant bare the thought of cooking anything. I also get very hot eating, and end up sticking to the leather sofa.

Its boring me .... please can we have a couple of days of respite ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Is It Too Hot?
Luckily, I missed most of the heat here as I was in Greece (even worse there, but they have air-con) but when I phoned home, I was told it had reached 91F in our town. So, without air-con I would have been dying.
Got back yesterday and while it was still pretty warm, it was bearable. Today looks like it's going to be much the same. But apparently next week the heat is to return.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
21-07-2006, 08:50 AM
Is It Too Hot?
Its still unbearably hot in the south east PJ. I think its 32 degrees here today.

When i feel a moan coming on though i try and think of the poor commuters sat in non air conditioned trains / tubes. I used to be one of them, and i would dread the heat.

At least im sat in an office, and although very hot im not sharing my sweat with the poor sod sat next to me.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Is It Too Hot?
Bonsai Wrote:At least im sat in an office, and although very hot im not sharing my sweat with the poor sod sat next to me.

It's back, is it? :wink2:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"