Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Joe doing enough to stay?
01-12-2004, 11:22 PM

I think Joe seems a really nice balanced easy going bloke but if i'm honest i'm starting to find him a little boring! I think he's playing the game a little too well. He seems so controlled and determined not to upset anyone that i fear this may lose him votes in the next few days. Now that the others are starting to come out of their shells i would really like to see him up his game a little and let people know what he's really thinking! Do you think he would be even more popular if he didn't play it so safe?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2004, 11:24 PM
I personally don't think Joe is that kind of person to not play it safe.
I really think he doesn't like confrontation and is just being himself in there.
But I do agree with you, Kazzie that he is becoming a little boring. If he doesn't do something the stronger characters ie. Janet and Paul will overtake him with the votes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Kazzie Wrote:I think Joe seems a really nice balanced easy going bloke but if i'm honest i'm starting to find him a little boring! I think he's playing the game a little too well. He seems so controlled and determined not to upset anyone that i fear this may lose him votes in the next few days. Now that the others are starting to come out of their shells i would really like to see him up his game a little and let people know what he's really thinking! Do you think he would be even more popular if he didn't play it so safe?
I reckon that he figures, well if it worked for Tony Blackburn and Phil Tufnell (not known for exactly straining themselves in the entertainment dept), it may work for me .....

He needs to up his game a little, as I reckon Paul Burrell may be a surprise contender here.... (if only he would stop singing out of tune)
01-12-2004, 11:27 PM
Yep,I have the same feeling...
01-12-2004, 11:36 PM
That's what I was thinking. I've already said that I think Janet and Paul are more amusing, so you'd need to be a fan of Joe's before he came onto IAC to know how funny he really is. I wasn't, so I have to take him at face value. Although he's gentle, good-natured and humerous, if he doesn't want to rely on his fan base, he's going to have to pull out all the stops.
01-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Pandora Wrote:I reckon that he figures, well if it worked for Tony Blackburn and Phil Tufnell (not known for exactly straining themselves in the entertainment dept), it may work for me .....

He needs to up his game a little, as I reckon Paul Burrell may be a surprise contender here.... (if only he would stop singing out of tune)

He only did that to start off to wind Janet up, then it kinda took over! LOL I think Paul could actually do this you know, I see the others going off - Huggy, Fran, Sophie (that order), and then unless Joe bucks up a bit, he could be next!
01-12-2004, 11:38 PM
and paul definitely has the "gay" votes for him.... :laugh:
01-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Hmm, I don't think he's playing the game, I think he's genuinly a nice guy and I still think he's entertaining.

I think he is a victim of his own success Smile

If he'd had a more bug-ridden trial, or made more of a fuss about his fear of flying and shown a little more weakness on his copter BTT he would have gained in popularity, but since he did it with such apparent ease he seems a bit too good.

People like to back the underdog, and by doing so well on the trial he's damaged his underdog image, so ppl are starting a bit of a Joe backlash, lol Smile

He needs to have a tantrum or something Smile

JkFlash
01-12-2004, 11:57 PM
jkflash Wrote:Hmm, I don't think he's playing the game, I think he's genuinly a nice guy and I still think he's entertaining.

I think you're right, but I have a feeling Paul and Janet are pulling ahead of Joe now. I'd be happy to see any of those three win.
02-12-2004, 08:15 AM
I think you're spot on Kazzie. He is a nice guy but is that enough? I feel the same as dab on this one, any one of Joe, Paul or Janet plus Fran. But I'd be happiest if Paul did it.