Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Joe ... real??
04-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Is Joe ... real??

I wonder whether this is just me who is wondering this??

Joe, who is in my top 3, but is now in third position behind equal firsts Janet and Paul! And the reason why is that he just doesn't seem to be real!!

It is a bit difficult to put into words what I mean, is during the time in the jungle he hasn't lost his cool once. He hasn't had a bad word for anyone, he seems to just bite his lip and suppress any real emotion. This is not the genuine person is it??

Or is it a tactic? Keep your head down, be funny, hard working and hope to get the vote??

I have to say that I noticed a slightly sneaky side to him last night [this is the second glimpse of it I have seen; remember when Vic came in?]. Anyway, when Fran was leader and he gave Sophie the wood collecting job; whilst sophie was asleep Paul said quietly to Joe that they should perhaps go and fetch some. Joe, rather than agreeing straight off - he made a bit of song and dance of it, OK it was just a mini song and dance - but his point was made, as far as Paul was concerned and me too! And because of this Janet became involved - and made the whole situation much worse than it actually was or should have been.

I know they are individuals - but IMO they should be working as a team - and Joes' behaviour was NOT teamwork!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Is Joe ... real??
I think Joe is playing a game.

If he gets that fence post any further up his a**e it will come out of his earholes.

I really can't accept that he has NO opinion on anything, other than a purely neutral stance...it just isn't human.
04-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Is Joe ... real??
Well, I think Id have made a bit of a fuss if the permanently "tired and emotional" Sophie was skiving in her bed again, after being delegated chores to do and once more not doing them.
However, I do feel that Joe is playing the Mr Nice Guy card (a la Tony Blackburn); though he does have another side to him according to his wife - she says he has quite a temper .... :unsure:
04-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Is Joe ... real??
His wife said as much didn't she? (about him playing the game?) Aren't they all doing that to a certain degree?
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Is Joe ... real??
Lyndsay Wrote:Aren't they all doing that to a certain degree?

I did think about this before making my post about Joe - and do you I don't think anyone one of the remaining ones are.

Janet as far as I can see is way too bolshy and argumentative adn abrasive to be anything other than JSP.

Paul is too innocent and naive to even think about acting or hiding behind an alter ego.

And Fran - well I don't really think so - having said that we don't see that much of him. But his friend Adee when interveiwed did say he is exactly the same at home!! Who knows??
04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Is Joe ... real??
Flip Wrote:I did think about this before making my post about Joe - and do you I don't think anyone one of the remaining ones are.

Janet as far as I can see is way too bolshy and argumentative adn abrasive to be anything other than JSP.

Paul is too innocent and naive to even think about acting or hiding behind an alter ego.

And Fran - well I don't really think so - having said that we don't see that much of him. But his friend Adee when interveiwed did say he is exactly the same at home!! Who knows??

Janet is so false! She was much more bolshy before the public voting kicked in, now she's pretending she's secretly nice!

As for Paul, believe that, you'll believe anything!

Adee would say whatever he thought would get fran the most amount of votes!

I really don't think any of them are being exactly true to themselves at all. They ALL want to win, and they are all playing the game.
04-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Is Joe ... real??
Lyndsay Wrote:I really don't think any of them are being exactly true to themselves at all. They ALL want to win, and they are all playing the game.
Yep,I echo that...
05-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Is Joe ... real??
Joe needs to up his game a little. This is becoming the Burrell & Street Porter Show with Fran and Joe relegated to the sidelines.

He is being TOO quiet.
05-12-2004, 01:28 AM
Is Joe ... real??
Of course Joe is real...he readily admits he doesn't like confrontation,or being team leader.Not once has he bitched about anyone in there ...he gets on with it...not making big statements,whinging or moaning,I really don't think he has a hidden agenda.
Paul I feel is now playing on the sympathy vote just a little too much....poor me Janet's having another go at me...he does like to remind the audience,maybe too often now,and perhaps this was his agenda,because he does want to win.
I do think the rightful 4 are in there...the final 2 I would like to see are Joe and Fran,because what's wrong with being an okay guy?They have both got on with job of surviving,neither have played to the cameras,and Joe if you remember has difussed many situations in there..so he keeps his own counsel,but he will leave this programme with dignity intact,he's never made a fuss or complained along the way...and Fran has been much the same.
There does seem to be this big surge of sympathy for Paul now as somehow he is more deserving of the title?
I like all of the final 4 and I think it will be difficult,but because Joe came to the show without any baggage or story to tell it shouldn't be interpreted as he is less deserving of the title...if anything he is probably the most deserving,he has been there for every single one of them during the past 2 weeks,and he certainly isn't selfish...if he were he would have concentrated more on himself and those cameras.
Ellie
05-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Is Joe ... real??
Joe is being 100% genuine he's a great guy if u lot dont like him then thats your choice but i think he is great!!

Sammy xx :wave:xx