Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pakistan our new enemy?
21-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Eleven charged over 'bomb plot'

Eleven people have been charged in connection with an alleged plot to blow up several transatlantic airliners.
Eight have been charged with conspiracy to murder and preparing acts of terrorism.
Two are accused of failing to disclose information and a 17-year-old faces a charge of possessing articles useful to a person preparing acts of terrorism.
One woman has been freed without charge and eleven people remain in custody, the Crown Prosecution Service said.
Ahmed Abdullah Ali, Tanvir Hussain, Umar Islam, Arafat Waheed Khan, Assad Ali Sarwar, Adam Khatib, Ibrahim Savant and Waheed Zaman are all charged with conspiracy to murder and with preparing acts of terrorism under section five of the Terrorism Act 2006.

Hmm. Now I am the most cynical person I know, but I'm starting to think that I'm being set up. After 9/11 we were told that Al Quaeda were to blame, and they were from Afghanistan. Shortly after, the line blurred and Iraq entered the public consciousness. Al Quaeda and Sadam were mentioned, if not in the same breath, then certainly in the same news story. All of a sudden Iraq became the scapegoat for every evil in the world and we waved the War against Terror flag at them as we bombed their civilians to death.

I never really understood how we made that leap from Afghanistan to Iraq, but we made it.

And now, it seems that Pakistan are being set up as the new enemy. Every news story I saw on the day of the alleged planned terrorist attack mentioned Al Quaeda and the fact that the suspects arrested were of Pakistani origin. It struck me as strange because to my knowledge the two countries don't have that strong a tie.

So I started thinking, why would the US and UK want to set Pakistan up? Then Cockers mentioned that they'd recently become a nuclear power and it all started to make sense. We've no battle with Pakistan, but India certainly has.

India - the country who our major business players have spent the last 4 years out-sourcing to at every opportunity; firing huge amounts of investment into. So maybe India didn't just welcome our call centre jobs with open arms, maybe they bought them in exchange for our protection against their sworn enemy Pakistan.

Obviously we couldn't just starting kicking Pakistani ass without a reason, so lookie here, all of a sudden Pakistan becomes linked to Al Quaeda...strange, eh?

I'm now also wondering how, once we've given Pakistan a good kicking, someone will come up with a way of deflecting the bad guys into North Korea.

Convince me I'm wrong, someone, please.

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2006, 05:24 PM
floopy Wrote:Is Pakistan our new enemy?
That's a bit harsh, I mean sure - they shouldn't have walked off the pitch the way they did, but I don't think Izamam's a bad person or anything like that :unsure:

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
21-08-2006, 05:32 PM
You know what, I saw that story on the BBC news page and thought, ooh, those cheating Pakistani *******s. Cool

This is the BBC wording:

Inzamam charged in cheating row [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/5269906.stm"]

Pakistan captain Inzamam-ul-Haq is charged with bringing the game into disrepute after forfeiting the Oval Test.
[/quote][/COLOR][/url]

The words Pakistani and cheating only need be linked together in a few articles likes this, every now and then before the public start believing it.

Bollox to potplants
21-08-2006, 05:39 PM
You reckon Darrel Hair is in with MI5? Smile

No, I don't think this is the same as Afghanistan or Iraq. This time around the Pakistani government helped catch some of the people (allegedly) involved in this plot. With Afghanistan and Iraq it was the opposite - the governments there were being obstructive.

Mick Smile
No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts

For topical debate and vitriolic mudslinging DON'T visit: http://www.greatworlddebate.com cos it's a dead link.

INSTEAD visit http://greatworlddebate.net/gwdsmf/index.php
22-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Okay, so as an exercise, let's keep a look out in the news for the next few weeks and see how many stories we can find about things Pakistani and what the over-all angle is.

Bollox to potplants
22-08-2006, 02:47 PM
The message I got was that Pakistan were the good guys here (the Plot, not the cricket).

Al Queda doesn't seem to have a location any more, and the people who subscibe to blowing themselves up in its name could be from anywhere now, including the UK.

It sounds like Al Queda is more a faith now, wherever you are from. Get hold of the manuals that seem to be widely circulated, declare yourself a follower, and go blow something up.

That opens up anywhere as "Al Queda". If some lunatic Japanese decides to gas another subway it its name, there is automatically a "cell" in Japan. I'm not sure Al Queda is centralised any more, and its only a matter of time before we get Al Queda United fighting against Al Queda Wanderers.

Just the way the world seems to work.
22-08-2006, 10:52 PM
gatubela Wrote:and its only a matter of time before we get Al Queda United fighting against Al Queda Wanderers.

Just the way the world seems to work.

Not sure about that gat. I think these things should be settled via The Eurovision Song Contest.

But I also thought that Pakistan was being portrayed as the good guy. I think at the moment, we need their support along the Afghan border as the Great Coalition couldn't cope with another army of occupa - erm, liberation. We'll hang 'em out to dry in favour of India when the moment is right.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
26-08-2006, 09:31 PM
floopy Wrote:India - the country who our major business players have spent the last 4 years out-sourcing to at every opportunity; firing huge amounts of investment into. So maybe India didn't just welcome our call centre jobs with open arms, maybe they bought them in exchange for our protection against their sworn enemy Pakistan.

Erm, excuse my ignorance here, but how does cheap Indian labour undermining our service economy make the Indians our natural allies? :blink:

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
27-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Erm, cos we're paying their wages?

Bollox to potplants
27-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, that's where I'm confused you see.

UK corporates paying Indians is good for corporates, but bad for our economy.

UK corporates paying Brits is bad for corporates, but good for our economy.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"