Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is anyone watching CBB 2009?
14-01-2009, 01:28 PM

I'm watching the highlights shows.....but not the BBLB, BBBM. The format does seem very tired now, but there have been a few good moments.

A few people in there have suprised me.....
I thought I'd really like Tina.....but she's one my my least favourite housemates and seems to be everything that she said she wasn't.

I expected not to like Coolio, but I like him - he mades me laugh and I like the way he tries to get a reaction out of the others.

I wasn't sure if I'd like Ulrika either, but I find her quite funny.

Terry is much nicer that I thought he's be - I expected him to be more snidey, bit I think he's my favourite one in there.

Verne is much quieter that I thought he'd be and not so arrogant as I was expecting....he seems sweet, but is quite guarded.

Ben, Mutya and Michelle don't add anything to the house for me - I've nothing against them, but for me they don't add any entertainment to the house.

LaToya seems sweet and now and then comes out with something unexpected....but also seems to guarded.

So....is anyone else watching??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2009, 06:25 PM
No - I'm not watching - nor do I intend to!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2009, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2009 10:08 AM by Punkyfish.)
Hurrah Minklemar!

Yes I am watching and I feel more or less the same as you. I like Coolio, he reminds me of someone I worked with years ago, annoying but entertaining and with basically a good heart. Without Coolio we may as well switch off. I cannot abide potty mouth Tina Malone and I really hope she is going tonight to enable other personalities to shine through. There is one thing being annoying and funny (like Coolio) and there is annoying that you want to switch over. She is spoiling it imo. The sight of her biting her toe nails will unfortunately be with me forever. Michelle is an attention seeking cry baby, I suspect she is hoping that by blubbing constantly and playing the victim card she will be taken into the public's hearts like Shilpa Shetty. No she won't. She is lovely looking girl but sooo miserable and one dimensional, cant sing and zero personality. Latoya is lovely and gentle like her brothers but extremely cute and observant of others. Ulrika is just annoying and you would have to be Helen Keller not to see she is playing her own little game. I was surprised at how much I disliked her because I always quite liked her before she went in the House. Tommy I am just indifferent to and I really dont know what he is doing in the house or what he contributes. I find his grey hairy back repulsive. Terry is my surprise favourite. Although I thought him a total plonker on the Word, he is self effacing and tongue in cheek and doesnt take anything too seriously and is just up for a laugh. Terry to win. Mutya, dont really have an opinion, she is looking rougher and rougher as the days go on, was she really a Sugarbabe? Verne is a pleasant enough person but I wouldnt want him to win on the sympathy vote, he hasnt really contributed that much IMO. Ben no opinion really, a nice looking ex band boy member. I am actually enjoying it this year and George Lamb (Larry's son) is actually not making a bad job of BBLB, he had big shoes to fill.

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
16-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Err shouldn't this be pulled under the trades description act.....

Not that I have or ever intend to watch it

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
16-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm watching too. This is what i think.

Ben - so darned boring. He wears the same thing daily, barely opens his mouth, and when he does he can barely string a while sentence together.

Coolio - Has his irritating moments, and i sure as hell couldnt live with him - but he makes good telly. I wish he would get out the kitchen though and let others take a turn.

La Toya - Boring, boring, boring. Get her off my TV .... NOW :devil:

Michelle - Stunning body, pretty face ... shame about the personality. I know she has just gone through a divorce so must be a little fragile right now but ENOUGH OF THE TEARS. How old is she ? 27 or 7 ?

Mutya - I like her. I know she doesnt say a lot, but when she does speak i tend to agree with her. She is very self concious of her body though, which is a shame as i think she looks fab.

Terry - I like him. Calls a spade a spade. Picks up on things Coolio says that could be hurtful, and reprimands him. I think he might win.

Tina - I have never in my life heard someone swear as much as her. And as for biting her own minging toe nails :mellow: She is loud which is good in a house with a lot of quiet people, but ive had enough now.

Tommy - Fed up with him. He seems full of his own self importance. Get rid. And as for not doing the car task. How pathetic. His (and Coolio's) was one of the easier ones. If he moans ONCE about lack of food this week - i think he should be tarred and feathered.

Ulrika - love her. I know many dont, but i think if i were in the house i would want to be her friend.

Verne - He is OK, but most of the time he is sat on his scooter thing with his glasses on not saying a word. Maybe he is asleep ? I am finding him a little dull - but thought he looked amazingly cute dressed as a bear.

DONE :surrender:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
17-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I think I'm having my hair done....Huh

Space reserved for interesting fact.
17-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I've hardly watched any - and I must say it's very liberating - here's hoping I'm cured from wasting a summer watching BB!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
18-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I was beginning to think I was the only person watching it......so it's a relief you hear that you are watching too Punkyfish and Bonsai!

I'm so glad that Tina left on Friday - I found her very hard to watch.....and with Mutya gone too they are dropping like flies!

Any idea when the next eviection is?

Dolores..........I should have kept away from it too, but I got drawn in just like I always do!
19-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I was sorry that Mutya walked on Friday as I think we would have seen more of her personality come out after Tina lwhose fishwife voice was taking over the whole house, left and hurrah to that. I suppose by walking she would forfeit her fee. Michelle - enought of your crying and self pity already you are really becoming tiresome and transparent now. Ulrika seems to be becoming more and more unpleasant, cant see her getting much work on the back of this.

One of the funniest moments ever for me was Verne bashing into that diary room door on his scooter although chatting up La Toya after having too much champagne was rather uncomfortable viewing.

I think there is an eviction tonight but we havent seen the noms yet so I dont know when we are supposed to vote. I would like to be rid of Michelle or Ulrika. Terry is still my favourite and I actually felt a bit sorry for Coolio over the Michelle debacle. :cool1:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
19-01-2009, 12:11 PM
the weather has taken a nasty turn hasn't it??

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh