Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been over two weeks now
22-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Since I had a ciggy...

Feel quite proud really. No cravings, no issue with others smoking around me

Work sorted out a course for some of us...bizzare - They force you to go for fag breaks !!!

(although I do have say that my clothes really stink after I've been to the pub but that was my driving force to stop)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Well done, Sloppy. Were you a heavy smoker before?
22-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey - guess what !

It's nearly two weeks now - since I had a ciggy.

Mind you, I'm feeling very ratty.

Keep it up Slipper.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
23-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Well done guys. Keep up the good work.

I want to quit smoking, and although i hate (and have never had) a New Years Resolution, i think i might try in January, when the holidays are over.

I do enjoy a smoke .... but just lately there has been an odd one or two which i havent enjoyed. I also cant afford it.

I wonder how Mazwad is doing ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Good work fellas. Keep it up. I feel much, much better as a non-smoker than as a smoker.

How are you doing it? Cold Turkey, or some chemical assistance?

I gave up about 3 years ago. I used the Niquitin CQ patches and found the whole process of giving up very easy.

This last year though, I have noticed that I do have the odd smoke. It doesn't happen that often, but when it does its always when I'm in the presence of another smoker. Not all the time, just sometimes. I'll bum a few fags, smoke till I feel sick and then stop until the next time.

Gotta stop that though, 'cos its a slippery slope.
23-11-2006, 09:23 AM
I wasn't particularly heavy - About 15 a day but mostly after work (read - in the pub)

I think my driver was the smell. I have noticed it for a while now but a woman sat next to me on the tube and she had obviously been 'power-smoking' before getting onto the train. The smell almost made me retch and I was a smoker.

Funny thing is I really feel fine about it. My partner smokes for example but am I Bovvered....NO

I just get on without 'avin a fag (A la Harry Enfield Slobs)

I'm not rightous, I can go for a few bevvies without getting an urge ......for a ciggy (did you see what I did there) and at the end of the day I'm realistic. I am not a non-smoker. I'm an ex-smoker who has, for now, stopped. I will constantly have to remind myself that I do not want to smoke but hey.... I have to do that with Tequila (I don't get on with Tequila)

editted for speelinge
23-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Slipper Wrote:I wasn't particularly heavy - About 15 a day but mostly after work (read - in the pub)

I think my driver was the smell. I have noticed it for a while now but a woman sat next to me on the tube and she had obviously been 'power-smoking' before getting onto the train. The smell almost made me retch and I was a smoker.

For me, the driver was my health. I do quite a lot of sport but I found that the combination of getting older and smoking 20 a day was not effective to althletic progress. Basically, I couldn't bluddy breathe and my heartrate went ballistic when I got active!

I only noticed the godawful smell once I'd already stopped. But you're right, it revolting.
23-11-2006, 09:39 AM
For me its my health too. I dont tend to notice the smell - but i have had a number of chest infections in the last two years .... and thats since i started smoking more.

I only have about 8 a day ... but if i go out for a night in the pub you can double that. And at £5.15 a packet its an expensive habit.

I am (very silly reason i know but i am a girlie) worried about getting wrinkles too. I am a wrinkle fanatic, and have been slapping on moisturiser since the age of about 10, when mum bought me my first bottle of the stuff. I am 32, and i still dont have a wrinkle. But if i keep smoking i know i will look in the mirror and my face will have dropped 10 feet. I am paranoid about having nice skin ... so what do i do, i smoke a wrinkle stick :wink2:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
23-11-2006, 09:44 AM
You know what Bonz...The truth is I WAS worried about my skin and being wrinkley...Guess I don't have to worry about that now...
23-11-2006, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2006 10:20 AM by Bella.)
Well done Slipper & SF! Just think when the smoking ban comes into force next year you won't be one of the plebs standing outside all huddled up puffing away.

The smoking ban has really worked up here and I know a few people who made that extra effort to quit because of it.

It's great being able to come home from a night out and not be stinking of cigarette smoke!

Keep up the good work!:good:

edited: as I am numptie!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT