Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Me or the Dog
27-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Its Me or the Dog

Anyone else watch this?

Victoria Stillwell is a bit unnerving, there is some sort of S&M thing going on there that I'm sure a lot of men respond to her snap orders too!

Everytime she barks SIT Mr. S looks for a chair!

She is incredible with dogs though. Hard to see how they can make more than a few episodes of this, but last weeks episode with Pongo made me curl up in laughter. I just couldn't see how Pongo was anything but a lost cause, but she seemed to get it under control almost immediately. When it was in the kitchen alone, and went for the food, and she blew the horn, Pongo's reaction still makes me laugh thinking about it - the way his paws went everywhere at the shock and his "WHAT THE F WAS THAT!" reaction. What was it - just three beeps and he never went for food again?

Amazing just how simple it was to keep him off the couch too - a lifetime of lazing on the couch and 2 minutes to teach it never again? Hmmm, thats got me thinking.....where' Mr S.................
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Its Me or the Dog
I saw the first episode of this, and i was impressed. It featured a couple of labrador dogs who peed everywhere and nicked every tiny bit of food going. They also took their owners for a walk ... dragging them everywhere.

I was amazed how well she managed to turn the problem around, but the dissapointing bit for me was her not showing how she got them to walk without pulling. I noticed they were wearing harnesses - but trying to get Bailey to shove one of those on when he is excited about going out would be near on impossible for me !!!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Its Me or the Dog
Ah the trick there was that when the dog pulls, if you keep going in that direction, it reinforces the dog that he gets his way.

So what she does is, if the dog pulls, she changes direction and goes the other way! Then she keeps doing this until the dog figures out "if I pull, I get turned around and don't get where I'm trying to pull to!"

That sorted Pongo out.
28-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Its Me or the Dog
Gee you guys have a show for everything!
28-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Its Me or the Dog
Don't you think some of the owners shuold be put to sleep?! That woman with the really obnoxious little dog who wouldn't let anyone come in and who bit everyone ... she was 100% to blame and the husband was a wet fish for letting it continue! I've always had pets, but they've always lived with me and not me living with them if you see what I mean!

Spoiling your pet is as cruel as spoiling your child. Both need to realise that the world doesn't revolve round them.

....and yes Jakey... you'd be surprised at what we've got tv programmes for!!! Do you get the same variety in Australlia?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Its Me or the Dog
Not at all! Since coming here I have started to think that all the shows over here are quite normal. Once in a while we get some weird shows but they never really last that long.
28-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Its Me or the Dog
We have alot of crime shows - CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Law and Oreder, Law and Order SVU, Law and Order Criminal Intent, Law and Order Trial By Jury- just to name a few.
28-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Its Me or the Dog
And don't forget the English "Finding Sheila" program.

4 Aussie male lonesomes pick three likely English Sheila's, then they get flown over to Australia, and each has to pick one to spend a couple weeks with him. I think one ended up with a marriage, while someone else ended up getting lucky but not with one of the original pics, and the other two guys decided they were lonesome for a reason.
29-09-2005, 11:34 AM
Its Me or the Dog
this was good last night - poor little lily - a lapsong freeze you bizet whatsit - was bored out of her nana and barked and peed and shat and went for people when being walked, shredded the post, barked even more, and was a nightmare.

All the owner's fault. Silly cow. She treated the dog like a dress-up doll, and ended up getting a frustrated angry mutt.

Classic case of dog being understimulated. Clever little pooch that she was she was going mental with the boredom, and when the lads of the family, who had dismissed her as a stupid girl's dog, saw how smart she was they started giving her the attention and respect she deserved.

now she's walked regularly, fed regularly, poos regularly, drasticaly cut down on the manic barking, has given up embossing the post with her teeth and is a happy little pooch.

The hubby's a lot happier too.....he got his bed back.

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
29-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Its Me or the Dog
I watched this last night, and was staring in disbelief for the first 5 minutes. Some people should never, ever have pets, what a flipping pratt that woman was, it was like she just wanted a symbol doll to play with. :angry:

Good ending though!

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user