Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamie A&E capers yet again
14-11-2004, 08:52 PM

Yet again, we have been to the A&E with Jamie this evening. He decided that he should swallow a golf club. Actually, he was running around with a plastic golf club and had unscrewed the putt bit off and had just the plastic stick. He had it in his mouth (which I was not aware of) and he fell over and it rammed down the back of his throat. He now has a gaping hole which bled profusely, as all mouth injuries tend to. We had three doctors look at him, including an oral surgeon. They want to leave it for right now, but we have to take him back on Thursday just to make sure it is heading in the right direction. He is in a lot of pain but is still energetic. They have put him on antibiotics.

Jamie seems to be my accident kid. Smile

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Eeeekkkk! I winced just reading it! Gosh that sounds hideously painful. Hope he's soon recovered.
14-11-2004, 08:56 PM
I have one of those Tiggs :ohmy:

I hope everthing heals as it should and Thursday will only be a routine visit!

Big hugs to you all :hug:
14-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Poor Jamie! I also winced reading this! :ohmy:
He sounds a bit like me when I was a wee boy! Hope he's ok soon enough.
Will there be a household ban of golf in chez tigger after this??

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
14-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Another wincer here. That does sound painful.
Hope all goes well tigger.
14-11-2004, 09:55 PM
:ohmy: Poor old Jamie! I know it must have been horrible horrible for him, but what about you Tigger. I know something from somewhere kicks in at a time like that but I'm not sure I could cope with all that blood! Usually if my son hurts himself and bleeds alot I have to hug him first before I can pluck up the courage to look at the bloody wound.

I hope he is fit and well and eating ice cream soon!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
14-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Dol as neurotic as I am about medical matters, that something does kick in when it comes to my kids. I'm the one in the house who stays calm and barks instructions along the lines of get some tissues, lean over the sink, let's have a look, and we need to get him to the hospital etc etc. I also was making a couple of phone calls whilst pulling my jeans on.

Thanks for all your good wishes guys. Smile It really means a lot.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
14-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Crikes Tiggs - I don't know about wincing, I came over all useless, in fact I can't make a fist, I can't do this if something yukky happens.

Poor poor Jamie - ucckkkkkkk! So the hole is at the back of his mouth?? Oh poor kid - what a shock for him?

Big Hugs to you.

And I am so very impressed that you manage to remain calm - I am like that with everyone else's children or adults, but my own two and I just become a hopeless hector with no head, running in circles crying!!
15-11-2004, 12:03 AM
I was fine when my son cut his arm open with a blade, I had only just got home from collecting my older son from scout camp and I was sitting on the sofa having a cup of tea when I heard him come screaming down the road. He came in to the kitchen and there was blood everywhere but I just stayed calm held the wound together with a clean tea towel. I then drove him to the hospital whilst my daughter sat in the back of the car with him holding the tea towel. He had to have several stitches and still has a lovely scar many years later. It was only when we got home, I felt ill and started shaking.
15-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Gosh, that sounds hideous Tigger, as does your sons misadventure ILS.

Well done both of you for demonstrating such composure in sight of all that blood. I hope young Jamie gets better soon. Can he eat and drink normally Tigger, and can he still talk?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jamie again!!!!! tigger 14 1,254 11-12-2004 01:23 PM
Last Post: Lucy