Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janet Street-Porter - Why I'm going
18-11-2004, 04:50 PM

Janet has written an interesting and amusing article explaining why she is going into the jungle....
"Let's get one thing straight. I have changed my mind several times over the last decade - about Mr Blair, eating bread, getting married, and owning a flashy car. But this week sees my biggest U-turn yet - I've decided to participate in the television show that I once described as "brain-rotting". By this Saturday evening, I shall be trapped in the tropical rainforest somewhere in deepest Queensland, slapping on the mosquito repellent and trying not to strangle Paul Burrell."

She finishes off by saying that she wants to win ... badly!
"I'm in this thing to win - so vote for me and strike a blow for crumblie power! I'm implant-free, fit and fiftysomething, looking forward to the challenge ahead."

lol good for Janet. Smile
See the full article over at: The Independent

Does Janet stand a mossies chance in freezing Britain of winning?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2004, 04:53 PM
I quite like her style, I'm sure she'll be outspoken and very entertaining. Could she win it? Yeah, I think she could! Smile
18-11-2004, 05:02 PM
She will either be fantastically brilliant, and say what we (the viewers) are all thinking ..... or she could be a total pain in the butt and irritating.

Im looking forward to seeing which one.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
18-11-2004, 05:30 PM
I was really pleased Janet was included in the line up. She takes NO prisoners and says exactly what she thinks, so give her 48 hours and she probably WILL be strangling the simpering sap that is Paul Burrell ! :ohmy: I asked Mr Pandora to put a bet on Janet winning for me and he has... so she better !
18-11-2004, 05:33 PM
Well, I dunno whether she'll win it or not - but I don't think she'll be the type to fade into the background Nell McAndrew style. I'm sure she'll be pretty vocal.

She might be loudly enthuiastic and laid back, or she could be a major league whinger - again, loudly. If she is the first, she may win (the masses love an enthusiastic participant). If she is the latter, she will be compulsive viewing and hugely entertaining, but she won't win (the masses cannot abide a spineless, long faced whinger).

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
18-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Liked the article and her honesty, but she will have to be carefull. If she goes in too vocal and forefront she will go first...there is always a twist at the beginning and the public tend to vote for the one they remember the most....I would advise her to bide her time, infiltrate, form alliances then halfway thru the second week go for the kill.

:boxing:

ALSO as we all know it all depends on the friggin editing which I think ought to be governed by law to make it fair. (Remember how all the contestants last year were shocked when Mike Read was voted off so early, he had apparently been hilarious but it was all edited out in favour of Jordons boobs...booo I say)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Janet could be first in queue for grubs Haydon_acc2 2 404 22-11-2004 11:38 PM
Last Post: cairnowner
  The Guardian profile: Janet Street-Porter Haydon_acc2 1 353 19-11-2004 09:21 AM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2