Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jericho
17-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Jericho

HELLO SURVIVORS

What an excellent programme this was. I was completely taken in by the setting of 1950's London, the casting of Robert Lindsay and his ability to characterise this dry but cunning thinking detective role. Also very much setting the theme was the occassional teleprinter typing of a 1950's communication system to review settings in progress. In addition to a careful setting and portrayal of a story involving, blackmail, deception, murder, mixed race children, mixed race relationships and early tension in a white community. There was also deference to class distinction done in such a way that it would not have been offensive to modern thought.

The whole programme was a joy to watch and a series well worth watching.

JERICHO IS ON SUNDAY NIGHTS ITV1 9 PM. NOT TO BE MISSED.

Maureen
Northern angel Idea
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Jericho
I liked it and I liked Robert Lindsey's character ... which tells you something of the ability of this man ... cos in real life on chat shows he is show offy and far to luvvie to be likeable.

Good prog ... but two hours was too long imo.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Jericho
I enjoyed it, but then, I have always like Robert since the day he doffed a beret, raised his arm and yelled "Power to the People!" :thumbsup:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
17-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Jericho
Eternity Wrote:I enjoyed it, but then, I have always like Robert since the day he doffed a beret, raised his arm and yelled "Power to the People!" :thumbsup:

now we're talking! Remember Grandma Moon, Power to the People Foxy! lol! great series at the time ... i'm sure it would look really dated now though.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
17-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Jericho
Oh rats, I forgot about this :angry:

Does anyone know if it is going to be repeated?
18-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Jericho
I only watched the first half-hour and then video then rest and haven't had time to watch it yet. But from what I saw it was well worth watching.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -– Mario Andretti. :yahoo:
18-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Jericho
I switched off after an hour - obviously a mistake from some of the comments but it was jsut dragging on a bit.