Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jilly Goolden Thread
21-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Jilly Goolden Thread

My money is on Jilly to have the first row.
[/FONT]
She really doesnt mince her words and seems to be itching for a fight :boxing:

[FONT=Century Gothic]Anyone else agree though that there doesnt seem to be enough men in the camp this year??? :mellow:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Jilly Goolden Thread
Thats because .... as the rumour goes ..... Cannon and Ball will be jetted in at some point.

Im not a fan of Jilly, or Carol. Maybe its the plum in their mouths - but i just find them both intensely irritating.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
As a "wine" critic (and lets face it most of what she says is subjective claptrap) for a niche tv show from a long time ago she is pushing the "celeb" aspect to the max. I am amazed at her arrogance to accept the money to appear.

**I heart Northern Soul**
21-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:As a "wine" critic (and lets face it most of what she says is subjective claptrap) for a niche tv show from a long time ago she is pushing the "celeb" aspect to the max. I am amazed at her arrogance to accept the money to appear.

I agree that she's been out of the public eye but she has done quite a lot more than the Food and Drink show and also writes books. If you google her name it comes up with quite a few things that I didn't know she'd done.

Here's an excerpt about the books she's written:

She has written and contributed to books on wine and food as well as palmistry, which have featured strongly on the Sunday Times best-seller list. Co-written books include five volumes of the Food & Drink, the special, Entertaining with Food & Drink and The Big Food & Wine Drink Book. Jilly also co-authored Your Hand (A Guide to Palmistry).

So I guess she has slightly more credibility as a Celeb than some of those that have appeared on the show.
21-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
IsLe Of WeAtHeR Wrote:As a "wine" critic (and lets face it most of what she says is subjective claptrap) for a niche tv show from a long time ago she is pushing the "celeb" aspect to the max. I am amazed at her arrogance to accept the money to appear.

Well you couldnt get much more "pushing the celeb aspect to the max" than having Nancy Sorrell on the programme; Im not a big fan of Jilly but at least she helped present the Food & Drink programme for some years.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
21-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
Pandora Wrote:Well you couldnt get much more "pushing the celeb aspect to the max" than having Nancy Sorrell on the programme; Im not a big fan of Jilly but at least she helped present the Food & Drink programme for some years.

Lol - i was thinking the exact same thing. The only thing Nancy was 'famous' for was marrying a boring, depresive comedian :ninja:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
LOL - looks like we 3 are of one mind, Bonnie and Pandora Smile
21-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
Professional wine taster? Aye right Jilly - admit it, you're a glorified alcoholic!

She seriously needs to lighten up or she will find herself being booted out first.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
21-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
I saw her on another reality type show... cant remember what the jist of it was about at all... but she was proving to be very unpopular on it.... it was an outdoorsy thing too, filmed abroad I think, and from the episode I remember she was in the dog house with a few of them.. I got the impression she was a bit of an opinionated madam.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who THINKS he can.
21-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Jilly Goolden Thread
I can see her going early on to be honest.

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sid Owen Thread Pandora 45 9,470 27-07-2006 11:47 PM
Last Post: Sibewo
  Sheree Murphy Thread Pandora 125 13,428 08-12-2005 11:11 AM
Last Post: Ghost
  Carol Thatcher Thread Pandora 60 11,767 05-12-2005 02:36 PM
Last Post: Aondeag