Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jump Britain
06-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Jump Britain

Wow, wow and triple wow!
How amazing is this:excl:
I saw Jump London last year and now I'm hooked on free running. I don't do it cos I'm too old and fat, but if I were 20 years younger I'd be running and jumping too.
What a fantastically amazing artistic creative sport.
I hope it really takes off in a big way so that we can actually go and see people jumping all over the place.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Jump Britain
I saw the Jump London last year too, and saw this advertised after BB, but I had to watch ER instead.

It is brilliant how they do it though.

Edited to say, do you think my sliding down the stairs today consists of the dynamics of Jumping:laugh:
06-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Jump Britain
Andrea Wrote:.

Edited to say, do you think my sliding down the stairs today consists of the dynamics of Jumping:laugh:
Andrea I think you are a natural and should start a whle new phenomenum (sp?!) called SLIDE. You'll have the nation wriggling on their bellies in no time and who knows next year we could have Slide Britain featuring you sliding down famous steps all over the land

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
06-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Jump Britain
I saw this too, and I was fasinated. It is not for me though as I am not a great lover of heights, but I think I would give the Slide thing a go! :wink2:
07-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Jump Britain
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I saw this too, and I was fasinated. It is not for me though as I am not a great lover of heights, but I think I would give the Slide thing a go! :wink2:

OK, at the meet, any stairs we come into contact with we have to slide.
07-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Jump Britain
Andrea Wrote:OK, at the meet, any stairs we come into contact with we have to slide.

I don't think I will be dressed for sliding!
07-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Jump Britain
We watched this by accident and just couldnt turn it off, it was amazing.

I hated the fact that while my creative brain was loving it, my sensible brain was thinking that it ought to be banned for being so blummin dangerous!

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Jump Britain
Saw it and have seen the previous Jump London one....

I thought some of it was a bit tame compared to the first one but I was suprised how much of a sport it is becoming...The stuff in the gym was impressive. Good also how the kids look at thier run-down featureless environment differently...

Got to say though....you can just see it taking off in the shopping centres here ..... NOT .... fun hating f**kster security blobs.

If I was 20-25yrs younger I'd be giving it a go....I was in the first wave of skateboarders in the UK and loved doing things that annoyed others at that age
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Jump Britain
Oh poop - I missed this last night, but did see Jump London and fell in love with it. It is to be a series though - isn't it??

I actually saw the Jump London team in real live action when we were filming 55 degrees north last year - there was a chase scene that invovled the 'baddies' and the cops jumping over cars and stairs and stairwells - and the Jump london guys did all the body double stunts - they were just AMAZING - and so supremely fit [in EVERY sense of the word]!!

Me and the girls just stood in open mouthed, chins on the floor, hearts wildly palpitating, adrenalin coursing, pupil dilating heaven for an afternoon and evening.
09-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Jump Britain
I leap froged a post in the high street the other day....and that's about as close as I get to being able to pull off some of the amazing stunts they do.....nuff respect....it's the whole no fear thing....They leap where I would be thinking 'If I land wrong I'm gonna break and ankle at least!' :excl: - It's like extreme gymnastics what they do.... :wacko:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Britain's Got Talent 2008 - Andrew Johnston Haydon_acc2 24 4,913 01-06-2008 11:09 AM
Last Post: PJ
  Britain's Got Talent 2008 - Scala Haydon_acc2 5 1,931 16-05-2008 03:00 PM
Last Post: Slipper
  Britain's youngest Mums and Dads Voice of reason 12 3,892 22-05-2007 10:25 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Girls, new series of Britain's next top model starts................. bridge 2 903 03-07-2006 06:09 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  The strangest village in Britain - anyone see this touching doc C4 9.00 last night? Crystal Lights 9 3,995 17-06-2005 03:21 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Fave Little Britain Character Crystal Lights 26 2,895 22-02-2005 11:29 PM
Last Post: ils
  Little Britain hogen_so_cute 50 4,295 04-01-2005 06:30 PM
Last Post: Buzz