Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle Games - what would you do?
29-11-2004, 02:22 PM

On yesterdays show we saw, in between Natalies whines and cries of "I'm going to be sick", "I can't do it" and "ooh I feel faint", Jungle Joe make a draughts set.

Very ingenious I thought. He apparently got the idea from his boy scout days. He made a checkerboard out of an old bit of cloth and stones for the pieces. The white colours were made using toothpaste and the black with some water and charcoal.

Even Vic was trying to while away the hours with some sort of catching game. What was it called? Blueberry scoop or something?

Boredom seems to one of the main hurdles that contestants in all reality tv shows have to overcome.

Anyway, my question to you is....what would you do to prevent boredom? What games could you come up with using just jungle materials? Keep it clean folks! :glare: Smile

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Haydon Wrote:On yesterdays show we saw, in between Natalies whines and cries of "I'm going to be sick", "I can't do it" and "ooh I feel faint", Jungle Joe make a draughts set.

Very ingenious I thought. He apparently got the idea from his boy scout days. He made a checkerboard out of an old bit of cloth and stones for the pieces. The white colours were made using toothpaste and the black with some water and charcoal.

Even Vic was trying to while away the hours with some sort of catching game. What was it called? Blueberry scoop or something?

Boredom seems to one of the main hurdles that contestants in all reality tv shows have to overcome.

Anyway, my question to you is....what would you do to prevent boredom? What games could you come up with using just jungle materials? Keep it clean folks! :glare: Smile

I thought Joe's draughts game was inspired.

You could also make a scrabble set of sorts, by using small white pebbles from the river and scratching charcoal letters on them (or using toothpaste to do the letters).

Im sure a game of cricket could be organised using a ball of rolled up socks and a bat made from the logs. Or even tennis - they were weaving palm leaves earlier in the week, maybe they could use them as bats?

Id certainly (like Joe) HAVE to try and make a game up of some sort - because the boredom, rather than the trials or challenges would make me go doolally tap, more than anything ...
29-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Mancala would be easy enough
29-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Mancala? What's that?

How about a good old game of pooh sticks?

They could gamble (they all have enough money) on the fastest spider/grub/insect. Insect races. Smile

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
29-11-2004, 07:25 PM
:cool2:
i think joe is cool and hope hes the king of the jungle
as for a game well you could count the mount of fish,eels and insects that pass in the water or play with the emus ant n dec!? :glare:
Find all posts by this user
29-11-2004, 07:36 PM
I would play "Who Am I?" - like we are in the Games forum.

Except of course that most of them are so un-famous that if they picked themselves everyone else would say, "That was too obscure!" :laugh:
29-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Hunt the Thimble (could use a leaf or summat I guess!) Smile
29-11-2004, 11:02 PM
With regard to Joe's boy scout days and harking back to my Girl Guide days - I would probably make things.

I once made a fabulous and ever so stylish washing up bowl stand with a draining board out of twigs and string.
02-12-2004, 08:02 PM
:laugh:
or there cops and robbers hide n seek.....???LOL :excl:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Joe Pasquale! king of the jungle!! Sammy 106 13,957 07-12-2004 08:28 PM
Last Post: Cat
  King of the Jungle! *Rachel* 20 3,993 07-12-2004 11:30 AM
Last Post: kittyxx
  What would you take into the jungle as your one luxury item? Pandora 11 2,642 03-12-2004 02:58 AM
Last Post: Repetition
  Vic Reeves Joins The Gang In The Jungle .... Pandora 30 4,688 30-11-2004 08:08 AM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Jungle Cat Fight Haydon_acc2 31 7,749 26-11-2004 02:33 PM
Last Post: paternoster04
  Will the Bear awake in the jungle! HUGGYS FAN CLUB 2 1,156 25-11-2004 03:15 PM
Last Post: PJ
  ******** Is In The Jungle!!!!!!!!!!! SPOILER AMUNETTE 25 4,512 25-11-2004 07:44 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Jungle eCards / rainforest images Haydon_acc2 1 1,067 24-11-2004 11:22 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Who do you want in the jungle? Andrea 12 2,680 24-11-2004 07:20 PM
Last Post: jojoe
  Collectible Jungle Cards Haydon_acc2 1 1,039 24-11-2004 09:57 AM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2