Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kate McCann To Be Declared "Suspect"
07-09-2007, 09:42 AM

A spokesperson for the McCann family has announced that Kate McCann is expected to be named as a suspect later today by Portugese police as part of their investigation into the disappearance of Maddie. They questioned her yesterday and wish to ask her more intrusive questions, which apparently under portugese law they cannot do without naming her as an official suspect. She will return to the police station at 10.30am for further questioning.

It is not yet known whether Gerry McCann will also be named as a suspect. He is expected to be re-interviewed this afternoon at 2pm

This is just so that the police can ask questions that they can only ask suspects apparently.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
... and ...?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 09:56 PM by Dolores.)
... and, I think SB was just flagging up an important news story, SF.

... and for what it's worth I think the McCann's are culpable in some way however great or small for their daughter's disappearance and should be at least charged with neglect ... and NOTHING can persaude me otherwise ...

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Somewhat unsurprisingly, Gerry McCann has also now been made a formal suspect.

Also, apparently Kate was offered a plea bargain - a guaranteed 2 year jail sentence if she admitted to the "accidental" death of her daughter.

Call me old fashioned, but IF shes responsible (and its still a big IF) 2 years is nowhere near long enough a sentence for not only the accidental death, but the fraud involved in setting up an appeal fund, the deception of the public and the neglect of her three children. I sincerely hope she told them to **** off and take it to a proper trial, both so she can either prove her innocence, OR be properly dealt with without the fannying about and plea bargaining nonsense.
09-09-2007, 11:09 AM
You're right, it is a big IF.

No arrest, no charge, and they've gone home.

What if the blood trace was merely a made up piece of evidence so that they could be questioned more rigorously? Again though, another big IF.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Well if I was the Porto police I think I would have done what they have done some time back

a) The McCanns are now silenced from talking about the case in detail which may let slip details of crucial evidence or technically invalidate evidence
b) It means they can call them back at any time and or extradite from the UK
c) It means that if there are any other suspects they may become complacent (although I don't think this is likely)
d) It meant they got out of the country and let the police and press etc get on with their jobs instead of being critisised every 10mins

On another note - you'd question why/how they get to travel all over the place appealing and shouting from rooftops yet have taken 130 days to get the twins home to a 'normal' environment and back to their toys/friends/relations etc etc...

Smells of scaley things what live in the sea if you ask me..

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
This is definitely and has always been a funny business. However, I cannot believe that Kate McCann killed her own child. Maddie was an IVF child so was obviously very much wanted. Kate is a devout Catholic and didnt the family go to GMTV for publicity in the first instance as the Portguese police were dragging their feet?

I wonder if it will ever be got to the bottom of and Madelaine ever found.
10-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Going on from what I said above..the McCanns have had a fair bit of travel this summer..

Early May - Gerry McCann goes home to family's home village of Rothley
May 30 - They meet Pope Benedict during a general audience at the Vatican.
June 1 - The couple travel to neighbouring Spain where they hold a news conference to appeal for help from Spanish police.
June 6 - They take their appeal to Berlin.
June 10 - The couple fly to Morocco.
July 22 - Gerry McCann flies to the United States.

I think there have been other locations but all seems a bit like feeding the media circus if you ask me

OK I know - you didn't ask me!

The ironic thing about life is that no one gets out alive...Huh
10-09-2007, 06:09 PM
this is an interesting article
Like you, MR, I wonder if we will ever get to the bottom of this poor girl's disappearance.

The old floppy toy thing that Mrs M carried around all the time seems to be a key piece - I wonder why the police let her keep it - seems like it was evidence to me.

lots of food for thought in this tragic incident.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Dolores Wrote:The old floppy toy thing that Mrs M carried around all the time seems to be a key piece - I wonder why the police let her keep it - seems like it was evidence to me.

lots of food for thought in this tragic incident.

Its also odd (to me anyway) that she washed it, surely it would have had the smell of Maddy on it and she would never have wanted to wash it again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kate Moss dropped by H & M Bella 49 3,932 23-09-2005 03:07 PM
Last Post: Bella