Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kate Moss dropped by H & M
20-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Well, they finally done it and dumped Kate Moss for her "alleged" drug-taking! Personally I think they have done the right thing, they won't have made the decision purely on last weeks events. I am sure that there is an obvious history to this.

Pete Docherty is alleged to have said that he is going to kill the person who sold the video of Kate taking the drugs. God, what is it with drug addicts, they seem to think that world owes them a favour, what she...in fact what they were all doing was illegal, even the person who handed in the video no doubt, and guess what his payment will be spent on!?

The thing is the media go on about her creating an image BUT it is THEM who bloomin' blew the story, them who have glamourised it and them who have told the world and his wife that Kate Moss is an "alleged" drug -addict.

If I was Kate I would be more worried about my daughter than my career at this very moment, she was given custody of her and this sort of thing could ruin it for her. What on earth is she thinking of shacking up an eejit like Docherty anyway!?

I know that she is not the only model who has a drug habit, wasn't Naomi Campbell filmed coming out of a drugs rehabilitation or something?

Do you think H & M were right to sack her and I wonder if Revlon will do the same...................

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I am only surprised that it took this long for it to come out with photographic evidence, it was only a few years ago that Sadie Frosts (I think it was her) daughter was rushed into hospital, after attending a birthday party for a CHILD held in a trendy London nightclub, where she picked up an Ecstacy tablet and swallowed it thinking it was a sweet!

As most of you know, I have "dabbled" with drugs in the past, I wasnt a role model in the public eye and I didnt have children, I certainly would never have looked after my neices whilst under the influence of any drug, and when I have taken one of them away on holiday I didnt even get drunk, I couldnt, I had to be on the ball in case she needed me!

I think that H&M were right in sacking her - put **** in your body, **** happens and this is only the start if she stays with that gouged out junkie. If Jefferson Hack has anything about him he will keep his precious little girl as far away from her and Pete Docherty as possible - it may be cool for Kate at the moment to have her junkie scumbag lover, but it gets nasty eventually and she should be doing ALL in her power to protect her baby from it!!

I have never really liked Kate Moss, she is far too up her own ass imo! So serves the silly cow right :devil:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
20-09-2005, 09:24 PM
I think they were right to sack her. I'd be sacked from my job too if it was discovered that I was doing heroin or crack-cocaine and I'm not in the public eye and I'm not a role model for anyone. But I'd be sacked mainly because its illegal, but also partly because it would be bad for the image of the company if it was known that they tolerated drug use among their staff.

With Kate Moss though, the image is everything. She's a model. Companies hire her to promote their stuff not just for her beauty, but for what her perceived "image" says about their products.

Two weeks ago, Kate Moss's image was "cool", "rock chick", "wild child" - which is great for the likes of H&M. Most young girls aspire to that image, so they want to associate it with their clothes. But, there is nothing cool about "junkie", "crack-head", and since the recent expose, that is her image now.

Not surprisingly H&M don't want anything to do with it. Its just not good business.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-09-2005, 06:32 AM
On one of the sunday morning tv discussions, Jane Moore was saying that the newspapers had had these stories about KM for years but untill now it hadn't been the right time to release them - her reputation being so strong before. She's got a lot to thank Pete for hasn't she.
21-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Quote:the newspapers had had these stories about KM for years but untill now it hadn't been the right time to release them - her reputation being so strong before.

...or in other words, it wasn't worth using as it wouldn't raise enough interest to impact on sales. :glare:

So much for the dedication of the media in bringing us 'news'

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
21-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I actually like Kate Moss - and i like the her 'dont care' attitude. She smokes like a trouper, drinks to get drunk and parties like a wild thing. BUT i dont agree with drug taking, so i think its right that she gets dropped from her modelling contracts.

As KarenH said, if she (or i) were caught taking drugs at work, we would be marched out the door quicker than you can say Cocaine.

I think her drug taking started well before she hooked up with Pete, but im sure he has upped her usage. I read in one magazine that she never took drugs in front of her daughter, but Pete does - well why didnt she stop him ??????

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Bonsai Wrote:I actually like Kate Moss - and i like the her 'dont care' attitude. She smokes like a trouper, drinks to get drunk and parties like a wild thing.

But are these qualities to admire, especially in a young mother?

kate Moss and coke - just the tip of the iceberg isn't it. I think it's pretty well kbnown that drug taking is rife among fashion models, it's part of the lifestlye (and it keeps them thin). It's even an image to aspire to - 'Heroin Chic'. Good grief.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
21-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Gawd..i thought she had been on drugs for years.
I never thought she looked healthy.She wears the worst clothes..which magazines somehow admire.She has the skrawniest skinniest legs....
she really does NOT look healthy, not even when she's all dolled up in her shoots.And her hair is always so straggly!
I just don't think she ever looks groomed enough to be a model.
I did'nt know she had a child.
How old is the child?

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
21-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I am not sure Aondeag, she must be at least 3 as I think she pregnant around the same time as me but further on.

It is the same in normal circumstances, I mean let's face it Pete Docherty couldn't care less about Kate Moss's kid, she is not his. He is a junkie and all he cares about his where his next fix is coming from. I had never heard of him until he started dating Kate Moss, so he must be loving all the attention even it the majority of it is bad.

Isis....that Sadie Frost incident was a strange one - why on earth would you have a child's party in a night-club?

Kate Moss is just a scapecoat, as SF has stated the modelling world is rife with drugs, booze and god knows what else. When children become involved you really should look at things differently. I had a friend who I knew was a regular drug-user and I accepted that, it was her body, her money but when she got pregnant and after she had her child, she still used in fact she probably increased her useage, I felt it was time to cut ties. She got in with some really dodgy characters and I just did not want to be associated with them. Her child'll be about 12 or 13 now and I often wonder if he is ok and how he turned out but no doubt he will have had his first puff of the wacky-backy if his mother is anything to go by.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Aondeag Wrote:Gawd..i thought she had been on drugs for years.
I never thought she looked healthy.She wears the worst clothes..which magazines somehow admire.She has the skrawniest skinniest legs....

I agree Aondeag.

Actually, I've seen her a few times in real life, albeit a few years back now. She comes from an area not far from where I was brought up, and my brother used to be quite good mates with her brother.

She's never been a stunner imo. Even years back, before her drug use was really bad (i.e. when she was in her early 20's), she always looked at best plain. And very scrawny.

But despite that she did have something about her which made heads turn. An aura or something. I guess its that hard-to-define quality which makes her a successful model.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kate McCann To Be Declared "Suspect" Seabreeze 33 3,487 20-09-2007 08:36 AM
Last Post: Bella