Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kate Thornton - what are your views
06-11-2004, 09:28 PM

Each week she annoys me and i can't ever put my finger on it. This week I realised it's the robotic-ness of her presentation style. She never ad libs, she says the same thing everytime and she doesn't seem to be very friendly to the contestants - oh and she shouts alot!

Although she is a very attractive woman and always looks lovely down to her waist, every week in the full length shots i think her frocks look really yuk and frumpy, they are a funny length and a funny style - usually A-line.

Do other love her look and presentation style?

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I can't bear her - she can't control the show & has the presence of a wet mop. Tongue

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
07-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I like Kate. She doesn't have any annoying mannerisms a la Davina. But I do agree about the outfits, Dol.
07-11-2004, 01:01 PM
I thought I was alone thinking that her outfits look increasingly awful!

As for her presenting style - since I usually record the show I can forward wind through her parts! Big Grin

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
07-11-2004, 03:13 PM
I can't stand her. I find her very abrasive and she doesn't quite have the skills to put the contestants at ease. She comes across as overly controlling IMO.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
07-11-2004, 04:55 PM
I really like her. I like her banter with Simon, and she does ad lib..very well.
No problemo with the girly at all.

I do agree with her frocks the last couple of weeks tho. Thought the green one last week was bad, but last night she wore a red one the same.

Never mind.
07-11-2004, 06:03 PM
I don't see what everyone finds so attractive about her. I think she looks like some sort of alien :eek:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
07-11-2004, 10:09 PM
LMAO peej!!:laugh:

I think she is gorgeous, I love her presenting through adversity [noisy and exuberant audience], but have to agree with her dresses - they are disgusting, pants and sooooooooooo unflattering.

She is going down the Cat Deeley [Stars in Their Eyes] route - with floaty, A line dresses that do nothing for 'hips', even on skinny women. Although she does look good in red. But does anyone else agree there is something odd about her cleavage??

I cannot put my finger on it - but it seems a little too designed!! And I am not sure whether I mean she has had a boob job or not - cos if she has it is very very subtle - but her cleavage starts way too high for a lady with a chest of that size.

Or is this me being paranoid about not having a boob job???:sad:
08-11-2004, 12:28 AM
I love Kate - I think she is great Big Grin

But she looks so much better in jeans and a top than a dress - where are the stylists on this show? :ohmy:
08-11-2004, 11:16 PM
I've never understood her, in fact, I find her to be very 'so so'/middle-ing............she's shouty, but not Davina shouty; she's not very bright, but not too thick, she's sometimes off the cuff/quick witted, but not Ant & Dec level; she's more knowledgeable about music than Cat, but not Jo Whiley level.......and so on, and so on.

That's the best way for me to describe her. Basically, I guess she's just a bit dull.

As for her stylists - typical ITV Saturday prime-time crap - she looks best in funky street wear, so why not just let her wear that? The guests always end up looking better than her, and that's wrong. The hosts should always be the ones looking flawless, not some 2-bit 'pundit'!

Flip - it's ok for her cleavage to be 'high'........except that I noticed that in the red dress she had on, her left breast was lower than the right. That was weird.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Louis and Kate Thornton Dumped Punkyfish 2 2,938 09-03-2007 02:24 PM
Last Post: Isis
  That Cat Woman: Thornton IsLe Of WeAtHeR 29 2,395 07-09-2005 09:05 PM
Last Post: ils