Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping Secrets
11-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Keeping Secrets

How good are you at keeping secrets?

I am one of those people who absolutely feels ready to BURST until I can share the secret with someone else! All the time I am being confided in, I am just dying for the moment when I can share the secret! :kid:

If it is a really sensitive secret I will usually only tell one other person, but for most secrets I will tell two or three! Blush

Despite this, over the years people have continued to confide in me at an alarming rate....for some reason they seem to think I am trustworthy! :laugh:

I don't know why I am like that (apart from the fact that I am a troublemaker and a gossip) but for some reason secrets feel like they are eating away at me...I hate them and I have to get them out in the open.

The worst secret I ever had to keep was when someone told me that my best friend's bloke was actually living with someone else! I had suspected as much, but she could see no wrong in him. I could not tell her, as the friend had only found out because HER best mate was having an affair with a local politician, who was mates with my BF's bloke...but she didn't want anyone to know she was seeing him.

I sent an anonymous letter to the bloke, telling him someone knew about his double life...he dumped my mate for a bit, but then went back to her and carried on as though nothing had happened!

I eventually told her the truth, but only years later AFTER she dumped him...and I lied a bit about where I had heard it. Nonetheless she got back together with him after and stayed with him for a further year! :wacko:

So what sort of person are you? Can you be trusted with someone's private thoughts? Have you ever had to keep a secret you really hated?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Keeping Secrets
Ceridwen Wrote:So what sort of person are you? Can you be trusted with someone's private thoughts? Have you ever had to keep a secret you really hated?

I am THE keeper of secrets - I have all sorts of sordid and illegal tales swirling in my head :wacko:

I DO tell some things though Blush I think I am old enough to know who and when to gossip with, for instance, I tell my youngest sis NOTHING that I know shouldnt be repeated because she has a gob like the Mersey tunnel :ohmy: but I do have 3 really close friends that I tend to "share" with, but there are a few things that I havent even told them.....

The worst sordid secret I kept was when my friend started seeing a new bloke while still in business with her ex, and she refused to go pubic because the new fella was a "friend" of the ex as well as part of our group, I kept this to myself for over a year and hated every second of it..............it eventually came out, but it WANST the ex that had a pop at me for it, it was her NEW fella, who ranted at me "call yourself a friend to him do you, do you always keep secrets like that from your friends" I was FURIOUS and told him that it was HIS sordid little secret, I didnt ask to know about it, and that if anyone should feel guilty he should - the cheeky ****er :ranting:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2005, 07:57 PM
Keeping Secrets
I'm brilliant at keeping secrets. I can keep them too.
I once told my best a secret and unable to keep it to herself she confiding in her mum, but unbeknown to her, her brother was eaves dropping, he worked in the local pub where I grew up, even though me and Lou didn't live there anymore. One of my old school friends was in the bar and he asked her if she's heard the latest. Before I knew it I had people ringing me up asking me if it were true. took me a ong time to forgive Lou, but I'm very careful now before I confide in anyone if it's a major secret, they might not be able to handle the burden.
All my family are very good at keeping secrets but my parents are always fit to burst till they get the all clear. My sister confided something to my Dad but didn't want him to tell any of us in case it didn't go to plan. When it all went through my dad was on the phone to me at 7am! Bursting with the news.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
11-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Keeping Secrets
To be fair some secrets are old, (like me:smartie: ) so maybe they don't count as secrets anymore?

I don't have a problem with giving out 'anonymous' secrets some way down the line, probably no names - because that's still keeping the secret right?
But eventually they all creep out.
Saying that - there are some things that are not meant to be secrets that you just know you will never spill.
It's a matter for the individual, and the individual that shared in the first place.
Basically if you have a secret, be very careful who you share it with.Wink
11-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Keeping Secrets
secrets Wrote:To be fair some secrets are old, (like me:smartie: ) so maybe they don't count as secrets anymore?

I don't have a problem with giving out 'anonymous' secrets some way down the line, probably no names - because that's still keeping the secret right?
But eventually they all creep out.
Saying that - there are some things that are not meant to be secrets that you just know you will never spill.
It's a matter for the individual, and the individual that shared in the first place.
Basically if you have a secret, be very careful who you share it with.Wink

And why you share it.

It's usually a double edged coin!

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
11-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Keeping Secrets
When I taught at college I was always being collared by students who told me their secrets! Dunno why...maybe they told everyone??. it was all teen stuff of no real interest to me anyway.

I do hold a couple of big secrets told to me by close friends, and no, I would'nt tell, I just feel priveleged that they trusted me with the info, secrets, well, more confidings, don't burn me up at all.
Likewise a couple of friends are privvy to a couple of my secrets, I also trust them not to tell!

If they do...look out for a new thread!!!!
M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
12-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Keeping Secrets
I can keep a secret if I know that to tell would hurt someone badly.

The trouble with secrets is that the person who tells you has probably also told other people. Then when the secret gets out (as it usually does) you find yourself either under suspicion or blatantly accused of being the one that told :sad:
12-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Keeping Secrets
Secrets, knows secrets, that he is keeping secret - so no one needs to worry.
That is the way it has to be.
Secrets is as secrets does.
Trust me.
12-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Keeping Secrets
I am very good at keeping stum, if someone tells me something in confidence it goes no further. I expect others to be the same if I divulge something - but have learn't that not many people can, most people feel a need to tell at least one other person and I don't like the feeling of people I don't really know knowing things about me. For this reason I very rarely divulge anything too sensitive.

I am the keeper of some right explosive humdingers. :ninja:
12-05-2005, 06:56 AM
Keeping Secrets
There are many changes afoot where I work and the air is full of gossip and hearsay about what these changes will be. For some strange reason the two people who are going to implement these changes have confided in me. I haven't said anything to anyone although my colleague who couldn't keep a secret to save her life keeps giving me her version of what's going to happen and it's all wrong and I know what's going to happen, but I just sit there and say nothing. I wont even be able to look smug when the changes take place cos no-one knows that I know. ....oooh it's complicated!

I think that part of the reason that I've been told what's going on is that these two people need to have a sounding board from the lower echeleons of the organisation (and they don't get much lower than me!) and also the fact that they know my interest is really zero or less, so it wont be something that I can even be bothered discussing! .... well that's my theory.

Now if they were banging each other I'd be first round the building with that news!!!!! (not really, but I don't want to sound too perfect!!!)

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  keeping things in perspective... Dolores 7 635 11-03-2006 11:52 PM
Last Post: msgirl