Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kia-ora from New Zealand
16-05-2005, 04:10 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand

Hi all,

Just a very quick note to say hello, we haven't yet sorted out internet access (or even a PC come to that!) in the rental house so I'm currently in the Gisborne information centre and don't have long.

We are ok, things are very different here and we are just getting used to all that, Sam and Ellie don't yet have places at a school and Sam has been unwell and had to visit the hospital this morning, but it's not all bad and we are settling in. We only got here (to Gisborne) on Thursday and it's Monday afternoon now, so it's very early days. I'm sure that things will get better once the childen get to school have some structure to their day, we visited two schools today and have to wait to hear if they can get places in their first choice school, which we should know tomorrow.

Simon has started work already and we have also been out looking at houses, our thinking is that the sooner we put down some roots the better it will be for all of us, otherwise the temptation to jack it in is always there! Gisborne is beautiful and the beaches here are just incredible, we have had three days of gorgeous warm late autumn weather which is great in the day but not so great at night as NZ houses are not centrally heated and the clear days lead to very cold nights and early mornings, a bit of a shock for us pampered brits! So it's gas fires and fan heaters in the bedroom... oh and the very quick sprint required from shower to warm room to get dressed! However, today it's raining, so it's actually warmer in the house than outside for once!

Anyway, my time is almost up, I wll get back online as soon as we get a PC and internet access at home and then I'll catch up with some of you too.

And before I go, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you who sent me letters via Flip for my scrapbook, they really were very much appreciated (although they made me cry!) and also thanks to those of you who have written to me out here too, you have no idea how much those letters cheered me up.

I'll log on again soon, until then

Lots of love

Jo
xxx

PS, forgot to say - reality TV is huge here and guess what???...yep, we get SURVIVOR!!!!! and something so similar I'm surprised it's allowed, called 'Summit' which starts tomorrow. We also have strictly come dancing (only it's called Dancing with the stars!) NZ tv is very cheesy, but it's great!
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
JO!

Blumin marvelous to hear from you! I hope the children get settled into school soon, as you say you need a routine so you can really start your new life.

Blimey you are so brave.

Have you managed to do any running yet...ooh running along a lovely beach at dawn...

Post some pics as soon as you can.
Take care
xxxx
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Lovely to hear from you Voicey, and hope Sam is picking up by the time you read this!

NZ sounds just like Scotland did when I was growing up :w00t:

Good luck with the house search and will look forward to the next instalments of your Big Adventure...

xx

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
16-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Brilliant to hear from Jo! Glad you're already having a ball. Keep in touch!!!!!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
16-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Hi VOR, great to hear all your news and to know that you will be keeping in touch. You're so brave to make such a big life change. Good on ya - no good getting to my age and wishing you had.

Lots of love and good wishes for everything going smoothly for ya. Look forward to seeing you back online soon.

I hope we can keep this bumped up so you see it next time you have a few spare mins to log on again. xxx
16-05-2005, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2005 08:44 AM by Haydon_acc2.)
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Hiya gorgeous!! It's great to hear from you. Hope you find some school places soon.
The beaches sound gorgeous - I'm v jealous.

You get Survivor? Is it with Kiwi contestants? How about starting a branch of SO in Nz?! :w00t:
All the best to you and the family. Take care.
16-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Hi VOR!! Glad to hear you have all arrived in one piece! Hope Sam gets better soon, give him a hug from all of us here. :hug: Katie keeps asking every day if you have arrived. Good luck with schools and happy house-hunting! Smile

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Hoorah!! and Hi!! sorry to hear about Sam V, give him a hug from me won't you? Are the cold nights still as bed?? I can easily send some leccy blankets out if you need them!! Let me know!:wub:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

16-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Lovely to hear from you Voicey - pop back as soon as you can!! Glad you are all settling in OK!! :hug:
16-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Kia-ora from New Zealand
Wow, all the way from NZ!

Great to hear you've all arrived safely.

Hope the children settle in to their new schools quickly.