Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killer Shark Live
05-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Killer Shark Live

Oh dear, whoever thought this tosh up?

Interesting subject, but a lot of the presentation is that American "breaking news" format for those with the attention spans of goldfish.

We even see an interview with a shark expert where the following words are exchanged in very serious tones:

Interviewer: "So what is your advice to people swimming with sharks?"
Shark Expert: "Stay out of the mouth"

Almost Monty Python. Say no more....
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Killer Shark Live
Just realised it's presented by Donal MacIntyre. Suddenly rather interested, I am.
Find all posts by this user
06-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Killer Shark Live
Patsy Wrote:Just realised it's presented by Donal MacIntyre. Suddenly rather interested, I am.
Bloody hell, she's turned into Yoda :shocking:
06-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Killer Shark Live
I'd turn into a lay-by for Donal. Phwoooooarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
07-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Killer Shark Live
Patsy Wrote:Just realised it's presented by Donal MacIntyre. Suddenly rather interested, I am.

Donal is cute and very good at what he does, which begs the question, what on earth is he doing on this bag of utter sh*te?????? :bored:

We turned over the other night to see them testing the bite of a huge female great white shark. There was THE most annoying american who was in the cage, shrieking, "Any minute now.... ANY minute NOWWWWWW, shes gonna biiiiiite, ohhhhhh almost, almost..... she's coming back, shes gonna biiiiiiiite!!!!!" He was almost hysterical and I was praying the shark would give the cage a nudge so he fell out and got scoffed.

Incidentally when the shark finally grabbed the bait, the american presenter almost shrieked himself hoarse and then was very disappointed when the shark took the bait, instruments et al into the gloom........ ermmmm didnt they think of that then??? :blink:

We watched approximately five minutes of this before our ears started to bleed with the excitable shrieking.

Donal, for the record, looked very uncomfortable and no doubt was wishing he was back working undercover as a Chelsea footie thug, rather than be standing where he was.

Donal McIntyre investigates... was such a terrific programme, he should stick to what he is good at, rather than get embroiled in godawful tosh like this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Killer Shark Live
Patsy Wrote:I'd turn into a lay-by for Donal. Phwoooooarrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

you're so CHEAP!

Do I detect another hyphenation coming into your signature!! you hussy!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
09-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Killer Shark Live
What a week's worth of bilge.

Almost 20 people a year are killed by "killer sharks". That compares with the 3000 killed monthly on US roads alone. Donal ( and who thought that would be a good name for him, making his whole life a series of wrong spellings and pronounciation?) was a terrible wooden anchor and clearly had not really grasped the subject. Then why not employ a 7 foot shark expert to stand next to him rendering the whole shot like an episode of Big Cook little cook.

Dreadfull sensationalist nonsense that was silly rather than scary or educational. :angry:

**I heart Northern Soul**
09-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Killer Shark Live
I knew a Donal once, he was Irish, and thats a very common Irish name from what he said, but not often heard out of Ireland.
23-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Killer Shark Live
Killer Shark Live my ass!

There we all were.....waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting some more.....for a "killer shark" to appear and come within range of that cage. It never did. Or at least it never did throughout the entire time I watched the programme (I gave up after a while so perhaps it eventually did) Did we learn anything new about sharks that we didn't already possess a knowledge of? Not so sure about that one really.

I'm afraid this one sunk to the bottom of the tv ocean........bloody awful!

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  An Audience with Take That - Live Patsy 21 2,081 12-12-2006 04:44 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Most Haunted Live - Halloween special PJ 6 1,166 01-11-2006 11:29 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  All New Cosmetic Surgery Live Pandora 28 5,110 17-03-2006 02:36 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Live 8 or Live Aid......which one rocked? Woodstock 3 733 12-12-2005 01:55 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Live 8 Woodstock 4 761 03-12-2005 09:45 PM
Last Post: Woodstock
  Dirty Den's Killer - who will it be??????? Pandora 16 1,980 18-02-2005 11:18 AM
Last Post: Bonsai