Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kodak help
26-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Kodak help

This is a long shot but I might as well try.

My digital camera is on the blink and just cuts out after a few secs even if brand new batteries have been put in it. It's not even a year old so it is still under it's 1 year warranty so I want it repaired/replaced.
But I don't know where to send it.
I got it from amazon.co.uk but apparently I can't return it to them and have to return it "to it's manufacturer" (kodak)
I have been on the kodak website but cannot find an address to return stuff to. I have even sent them an email asking for the address and they haven't repliued yet.
I am in hurry to send it away because the 1 year warranty runs out on 1st dec! Help!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Kodak help
PJ Wrote:This is a long shot but I might as well try.

My digital camera is on the blink and just cuts out after a few secs even if brand new batteries have been put in it. It's not even a year old so it is still under it's 1 year warranty so I want it repaired/replaced.
But I don't know where to send it.
I got it from amazon.co.uk but apparently I can't return it to them and have to return it "to it's manufacturer" (kodak)
I have been on the kodak website but cannot find an address to return stuff to. I have even sent them an email asking for the address and they haven't repliued yet.
I am in hurry to send it away because the 1 year warranty runs out on 1st dec! Help!

If it is still under warranty I'm fairly sure that the retailer has the responsibility of seeing to the repair - check with Amazon - i may even have a phone nubmer for them if that will help. Hang on a minute.

Yup - Try 0800 279 6620

0r - 020-8636 9451

Not sure if they work - but I saw them some time ago and thought they might come in handy some time.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
26-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Kodak help
Cheers Rob, I'll give them a try.

[/SIZE]
28-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Kodak help
Did you not keep the warranty bumf that came with the camera? The contact details would be in there or in the user's manual.

Here are the UK contact details from Kodak's website:

Consumer Digital Product Support: 0870-2430270
Kodak Limited, Hemel Hempstead, Herts: 01442 261122

Incidentally, the onus is NOT on Amazon to sort this out for you, if another arrangement has been established (e.g. this warranty).

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
28-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Kodak help
Cheers Blink, I phoned the amazon number that Rob gave and they gave me the kodak number that you gave me.
They're sending me out a more powerful lithium battery to try and if that doesn't work then I've to send it to them to get repaired. They said I won't have to pay since I reported the problem before the warranty ran out.

Regarding the warranty stuff and users manual - I read throught them umpteen times and could not find any contact info anywhere!

[/SIZE]